Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Party Baby Ladies!!

Hey all! How's it going?

We got 2 month shots this morning and he's been out since then... how are you all doing? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Party Baby Ladies!!

• This party baby is fighting sleep hard! I called her pedi out of desperation, and he suggested feeding her, put her in her crib, & if she cries, let her. I asked how long, and he said up to a couple hours. Um. What?! Not sure I'm comfortable doing that, she's only 8 weeks! 

How did your LO handle the shots, Vi?  

imageimageimage
  • Wow! He's been sleeping all day? Do you think it will mess with his nighttime sleep? DS' shots are this Friday. We are doing ok. Today I experimented with hanging black blanket over the window to darken the room and it helped greatly for naps. However, we did an outting to walmart in the evening and he missed a nap and got super over tired. I couldn't console him this evening so I decided to do an earlier bedtime. Yea. That didn't work. Its taking me longer to get him down than it usually does. Sucks. These little people are so sensitive to change.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegwendarling:

This party baby is fighting sleep hard! I called her pedi out of desperation, and he suggested feeding her, put her in her crib, & if she cries, let her. I asked how long, and he said up to a couple hours. Um. What?! Not sure I'm comfortable doing that, she's only 8 weeks! 

How did your LO handle the shots, Vi?  

I can't believe your pedi said that!!
  • We are doing ok. I really want to work on getting DD in her own sleep space for the majority of the time, but it's not going well so far. She napped in the swing this morning for about 45 min, but was still tired and wouldn't go back to sleep so I had to pick her up and soothe her...then back in the swing for another 20 min. Next nap I tried the crib...no dice. RnP worked for 20 min then awake. Each of these naps was drowsy but awake, but didn't last. Prob. b/c she was overtired.

I gave in and held her after that and she slept for 2 hours, nursed then back to sleep for another 30 min.  Woke with gas/poop then I changed her and she was awake...and overtired. Tried the Bjorn but failed. Swaddled her, nursed her and have been holding her b/c she's sleeping fitfully :(

What can I do?? Night sleep, if we put her in the RnP by our bed, she will sometimes do 3 hours but it's 1-1.5 after that.  

• Ehh I guess. He's going 3 hours now between feedings, I feel like he's growing up at 4 days old! 
  • DD was being a little stinker at bedtime last night and would only let mommy put her to bed. I love that she needs me but that's really the only cuddle time that DH gets and he was bummed. I normally catch up on postings at her 230 feeding but she decided to sleep 930-5 for me!
  • Hey ladies! Bumping from my phone sorry in advance. After four nights of three hour hysterical crying at bedtime I decided to move up her bedtime hour. So for the last two nights I started her bath and stuff at 6 pm. The first night it worked great and she was down by 745. She gave me a good stretch til 1230 but then woke every two hours. I didn't care because we skipped the awful crying. Tried it again last night and skipped the crying again but it took three hours to get her down, go figure. I think because she didn't nap yesterday. She woke every two to three hours last night. Im so tired and would kill for a good nights sleep! Interested to hear about everyone's two month shots... Dd turns two months Friday but they don't schedule our shots til after thanskgiving.
  • Gwendarling... Wtf to your pedi! I asked my pedi the same question because autumn spent four evenings screaming crying for THREE hours... Purple crying I guess. They told me to put her in her crib shut the door and go to the other side of the house. Ummm WHAT? no.
  • It's definitely hard to leave them in the crib crying, but like they say, it never killed anyone to cry! I think it bothers me more when she cries than it bothers her! I guess we are really blessed here--our baby girl is less than 2 weeks old and she sleeps between 3.5 and 5 hours at night at a time! And when she cries, I let her for like 10-15 minutes and if she calms down, that's that. I can't imagine listening to her cries for hours, but it would be a lot easier if you were in another part of the house where you couldn't hear her--we live in a small two bedroom apartment and I can hear her everywhere!
  • imagelovinjc4e:
    It's definitely hard to leave them in the crib crying, but like they say, it never killed anyone to cry! I think it bothers me more when she cries than it bothers her! I guess we are really blessed here--our baby girl is less than 2 weeks old and she sleeps between 3.5 and 5 hours at night at a time! And when she cries, I let her for like 10-15 minutes and if she calms down, that's that. I can't imagine listening to her cries for hours, but it would be a lot easier if you were in another part of the house where you couldn't hear her--we live in a small two bedroom apartment and I can hear her everywhere!
    Sorry but I would never let my barely two week old baby cio. They are way too young to self soothe. At that age they are crying for a reason.
  • So we had a good night last night. looks like the only side effect from the shots is sleepiness... which is awesome! He's actually been napping now for about an hour and a half, but starting to stir, it's almost time for him to sleep.

I can't believe your pedi said to CIO for a couple of HOURS? WTH? That's crazy talk, even if I could take it which I couldn't! 

• It was the nurse on the phone who said it. I would never. Wtf. .... And I'm so nervous about shots! Did you hold him while they did it? I was going to let a nurse hold her then give her to me after?
  • Hi girls!  We had an awful night Monday night and both only slept about 3.5 hours total.  Ugh.  Last night--it was like I had a different baby.  4.5 hour stretch and then up every 1-2 hours after that.  I thought I was in heaven with that long of a solid stretch of sleep.  Little man definitely wants to be held during naps though and I'm hoping he'll eventually learn to love the swing so I'm not stuck holding him all day. 
  • imageLBD129:
    It was the nurse on the phone who said it. I would never. Wtf. .... And I'm so nervous about shots! Did you hold him while they did it? I was going to let a nurse hold her then give her to me after?

They had me lay him on the exam table. I was at his head and held his arms and the nurse held his feet and gave him the shots in his legs. He didn't really feel the first one, so I thought I was going to get off easy. The nurse was amazing and super fast. After the second one, his eyes got really big and he looked at me like WTH was that? And then he screamed after the 3rd one. I felt so bad for him. But I picked him up and he stopped crying. I got him dressed, and he was out cold before we even got out  to the reception desk to schedule his next appt. So it could have been worse. YOu'll be ok! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"