Infertility

Ok - I'm getting old - is this ever going to happen???

I'm 33, and my husband is 36.  We've been TTC since we got married last May.  I was pregnant once (when we first started dating 6 years ago), and it ended up being ectopic.  I had surgery to remove it, and that rendered my left tube "useless".  My Dr. has run tests, and so far everything (besides the L tube) looks normal, except for the fact that my period only comes every 5-6 weeks, and lasts less than 3 days.  It's just so frustrating...month after month of nothing...I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever get pregnant.  The fact that we have opposite work schedules doesn't help, either!  He works 4-midnight, and I work 8AM-5PM.  Of course family/friends keep asking when we're going to have kids, and all I say is, "well - we're trying"...Sigh...

Re: Ok - I'm getting old - is this ever going to happen???

• Well, you're not officially AMA until you're 35 and even then it's not as if your fertility just tanks once you reach your birthday. My suggestion is to see an RE and get a full workup to see what kind of treatment you could benefit from. If you haven't been charting or tracking your ovulation somehow then it could be a good time to start, however once you start seeing an RE you'll be closely monitored and this information may be moot.

Most women here are up to their necks in ART, mainly IUIs and IVFs and if you're not quite ready to jump right in, there is the TTTC board for less invasive treatment. Whichever board you feel best suits you, welcome and good luck!

+++
  • Thank you so much for your reply Smile  I have been tracking my ovulation for about 6 months...if nothing happens by, say, February, I may just look into getting a little more "help".  I know most (if not all) women would love to be able to get pregnant on their own, and I'm no exception.  I'm just really worried that I'll have another ectopic pregnancy - and this time my right tube will be null and void.  Again, thank you for your advice - I really appreciate it!Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • Technically you could see an RE a year after you've started TTC, but many people wait for other reasons. Good luck for February!

+++
  • And....when you go to see an RE I suggest you not use Fertility Centers of New England. I see you are in N. Reading and they are in Reading, so dont be tempted by distance. And, everything else that Edwina said.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thank you both!!!  Smile  @ lynne0926 - do you have any suggestions on where to go? 
  • images.dice:
    Thank you both!!!  Smile  @ lynne0926 - do you have any suggestions on where to go? 

Butting In:

I have heard both positive and negative things about Boston IVF.  I personally go to Bringham and Women's and have had a great experience. 

Butting out:  :) 

• imageMrkyrain:

images.dice:
    Thank you both!!!  Smile  @ lynne0926 - do you have any suggestions on where to go? 

Butting In:

I have heard both positive and negative things about Boston IVF.  I personally go to Bringham and Women's and have had a great experience. 

Butting out:  :) 

lol, double butting in :)  I see an RE through Harvard Vanguard in Burlington and they use RSC in Lexington, but I have also heard good things about Dr. Cardone in Stoneham....hope that helps!

Anniversary
    TTC #1 since 3/10:
    DX: Me-PCOS, retroverted/ tilted ute - DH- MFI, DH-4 mo of Clomid therapy= no improvement. Weekly HCG injections.
    Me-34, DH-33
    HSG- unsuccessful, SHSG (dialated)-no blockages
    7/11-Clomid (unmonitored) BFN,
    #1 Fresh IVF 9/11: w/ ICSI & AH (only option): (1 transfered, 8BF) = BFN!!
    #2 FET: 2 transferred (2 6BF) 12/11 = BFFN!!
    Surprise + HPT on break! 2/12 Beta 1: 6 Beta 2: <5 = c/p ( RE had given me provera... So pretty sure this ruined everything)<BR> #3 Fresh IVF 3/12: w/ ICSI & AH (2 transfered 8BF & 7BF, 1 to freeze) = BFMFN!
    New RE 5/12
    6/14 Hysteroscopy
    #4 Fresh IVF 8/12: 5dt of 2 5AB blasts = BFN!... what else is new?!?
    New RE insists its a transfer issue, immunology checked & good
    #5 IVF FET 1/13 under anesthesia : Two 5 day blasts transferred
    + HPT!! Beta1: 2315 Beta2: 6442 Beta3: 31,061
    First u/s 1/30/13: Shows 1 healthy heartbeat!!

Was he was right? I wasted 4 IVF's and the doctors were not getting the catheter in?!?
    ~~ Bump Bestie/ IRL Lynn0926 ~~
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thanks so much ladies!  Big Smile
  • Thanks so much ladies!  Big Smile  I'll
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"