August 2011 Moms
Options

comment from the mom...

I was talking to my mom the other day and mentioned that I had a couple baby outfits I wanted to pass along to my cousin who is pregnant. Her response - "you're not giving away ALL of your baby clothes though, Thomas can't be an only child!". She does not know that we are 95% set on being one and done. 

Before I got pregnant she frequently made comments about how she was never going to be a grandma.

I get annoyed knowing first that my mom was never going to be satisfied until she was a grandma, and also knowing that she is always going to disagree with our choice to have only one child. 

Re: comment from the mom...

• Options
    She sounds like my mom, and I am also about 95% sure we are one and done. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We aren't one and done but I have a feeling that my SIL is... since having DD I have stopped with the "when are you having another" talk. I have already heard it from my parent's friends and I told them that we will think about it when we are good and ready. I hope for you that your mom will lay off and enjoy the fact that she is a grandma!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My husband wanted to be one and done after our loss. I started selling stuff and now I regret it. I knew in my heart that I for me (not saying anyone else) I couldn't do that to my child. I am an only with agin parents and the burden of there care by myself is stressing me out. I also always wanted a sibling. Now we have Ollie and I know I am done.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options

imageBobbiJanay07:
    My husband wanted to be one and done after our loss. I started selling stuff and now I regret it. I knew in my heart that I for me (not saying anyone else) I couldn't do that to my child. I am an only with agin parents and the burden of there care by myself is stressing me out. I also always wanted a sibling. Now we have Ollie and I know I am done.

Having siblings isn't necessarily the answer to helping with aging parents - I am terrified about what will happen when the time comes for my parents and my bum brothers start looking to me for support!! 

• Options
    Isn't it interesting how some grandparents are so focussed on what they want that they forget the wishes of their children?
  • Options
    imagelincolngirl:

imageBobbiJanay07:

Having siblings isn't necessarily the answer to helping with aging parents - I am terrified about what will happen when the time comes for my parents and my bum brothers start looking to me for support!! 

True, but it was one of my reasons. I am not judging, unsay do what is right for your family and what is in your heart. And in my heart I wanted more then one.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • Options
    imageBobbiJanay07:
    imagelincolngirl:

imageBobbiJanay07:

True, but it was one of my reasons. I am not judging, unsay do what is right for your family and what is in your heart. And in my heart I wanted more then one.

And I see no problem with having more than one :-) You wish that you had siblings, my DH actually wishes he had been an only child (one of the only people I know who will admit that!!)...I love my siblings and am happy to have them, but really wish a couple of them would get their acts together. I think that kids can be happy or unhappy in either situation and it's difficult to predict what situation will be best for any one kid - so after lots of thought I've realized that it's best not to have a kid for the sole purpose of providing a sibling to my DS, and to be honest, that would be our only reason. I feel like our family of 3 (plus cat!) makes us complete.

• Options

imageetoyama:
    Isn't it interesting how some grandparents are so focussed on what they want that they forget the wishes of their children?

Yes. And this could apply to SO many things!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

My mom is the same way. She was way overbearing when I was pregnant and I probably vented quite a bit about it on here. Now that the baby is here, her focus is on LO. She was always "I'll never get to be a grandma", because my sister never had kids and I never thought I was going to, either. So she's really soaking it up.

She wants more grandchildren, but I'm not sure if I'm ready for 2 kids. I'd probably be fine with one and done, but I get sad when I think of Nomie growing up and that makes me want another baby. 

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"