3rd Trimester

Turkey babies and X-Mas decorations??

would I be completely crazy to start Christmas decorating this week? My EDD is the 25th, that day after Thanksgiving which is when you would normally decorate for X-mas.. We have a feeling the baby is coming before then and I want to have the decorations done and out of the way before baby comes,plus I'm going crazy w/ nothing to do..I LOVE CHRISTMAS and HAVE to decorate.. I mean ppl leave Christmas stuff up until Valentines day some even longer so why cant I start a little early?

I'm not crazy right ?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Turkey babies and X-Mas decorations??

• Not crazy!!!  Do it!  We are pulling some of our Christmas stuff out this weekend, and I'm not due til February.  Have fun!
  • You aren't crazy at all! I had a Jan 5 baby and a Dec 31 baby both in 2010. We put our decorations out early and I wrapped whatever I could early just because I knew I wouldn't have as much energy closer to Christmas. We also took decorations down the day after Christmas (I usually wait until the Epiphany) I'm so glad we got it up and took it down early just b/c the babies came right after! Do what you can while you can :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I say do it! Who cares if you have it up early 1 year. My neighbors put all their stuff up this weekend. They did it because it was 70 degrees where I live and they didn't want to wait and it be cold. I would say you have a better reason to do it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not crazy at all.  We are doing ours before thanksgiving and I'm not even due until Dec 5th.
  • I'm decorating this weekend, so I say go for it.  I'm due 12/6 and don't really want to wait until after Thanksgiving to put up the tree/etc.
    AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• I'm not due until Dec 20th and we put all our Christmas decorations and tree out yesterday! DH is putting the lights outside up today. I say go for it :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Phew! Thanks ladies.

The funny thing is I'm not even decorating outside this yr. LOL I tend to over think things Big Smile

• I am jealous!  We are still under construction with the new addition so I'm not sure what decorations I'll be able to squeeze into all the mess.  
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Our tree and decorations have been up for a week...lol! I was worried that if I didn't get them up, they wouldn't go up this year because of LO! I say go for it!!
  • My tree is up along with everything else!! Love it!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not at all crazy!!! I already have decorated!!! I have pretty garland and lights on top of my curtain rods in the living room, and garland and lights on the archway entrance to our living room and all  my little decorations up and even our wreath and outside lights up!!! I just love the feeling of a festive holiday home! I'm so excited to bring baby girl home to all of this... and hopefully if she's still snug in me on thanksgiving... per our tradition, black Friday we'll pick out our tree and put it up and decorate it on Saturday! I love Christmas time!
    Proud babywearing, breastfeeding, vaccinating SAHM of 2U2!
    imageLilypie - (qCSN)Lilypie - (5rzN)imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Don't worry. I am due Dec 19th and have already done all of my Christmas decorating except for my tree. I don't want to wait until I physically cannot do it anymore.
  • I'm due 11/29, and I've got everything up but the tree right now.  I'd do the tree early too but the place we buy from doesn't open until Thanksgiving!
  • I don't think its crazy!  I'm hoping to do the same, although my EDD is the 29th (:
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"