Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

To all you single mothers

I don't know HOW you do it.  DH was gone this week and it was so hard without him.  I work full time and DH does the morning routine (getting her up, fed, dressed, and to daycare).  Having to do it alllll on my own was hectic!

I'm glad he's back.

Re: To all you single mothers

• I have a feeling I am going to be feeling like this once DH gets back from training next week.  As much as I am looking forward to "me" time, I just know it's going to be a rough few days.  I don't know how single parents do it.  I would be exhausted!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Dh had to go away last month and my respect for single moms rose even higher. I was exhausted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • DH has been at work since 7 am and I'm so tired I could cry. The house is a mess, there are a ton of dishes to be done...and I'm just sitting her bumping.

Single moms are seriously bionic for doing it all.

• I could not imagine.

The other night, C woke up with a temp of 104.4.  I immediately told DH to start the bath.  He did that while I stripped C down and gave him some ibuprofen.   We are so in sync with things.  A couple hours later, I was just lying in bed thinking of going through scary times like this without him.   I don't know if I could handle it.

TTC since Jan. 07
    6 IUIs,IVF #1 w/ICSI = BFP!
    Betas, 332 & 856 = twins!

Our baby girl is here!
  • See, I was a single mom since DD was born. It's only been since the end of August that I actually have stopped calling myself a single mom. I like having the extra help and I love the fact that my FI wants to adopt my DD. I just don't know how to deal with his opinion on parenting. It's been my way or the highway since she was born, now I'm having to compromise on it lol.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It's definitely the hardest thing ever.. but I do what I have to do for my daughter. Becoming a single mom has actually been a great thing for me. I've discovered more of myself and what I'm meant to be doing with my life, and it has given me (not that i didn't have any before) much more love and affection to give to DD. I know it will all turn out for the better in the end.
  • I totally agree.  DH got sent out on a last minute business trip this week and I also had to take over morning routine for him before I went to work.  I am exhausted.  I'm so glad DH is back!
  • DH is hunting this week, and I've been on my own, too.  It is so hard!  I have been telling everyone that my respect for single parents has gone through the roof this week.  Holy hannah it's a lot of work to be a parent by yourself. 
  • SO works three hours away so he stays in the city from Monday to Friday. There are days when I'm counting down the seconds until he gets home. It's HARD doing it on your own! I'm a SAHM and full time student. Single mamas are superhuman.
  • I also have no freakin' clue how single and/or working mothers handle it all. Mad props to y'all. 

SEAHAWKS! And... Macklemore. Seattle's WINNING! 
  • When it's all you know, it's not so bad.

I've been single since day 1, and the idea of having someone else to take over anything (baths, middle of the night, meals, getting dressed) is so beyond my level of comprehension. I just can't imagine saying "hey, take care of..." it's just not something I can even think about. I swear, if I had someone else doing it with me I would just feel like there's nothing for them to do, because I've got it.

All of you could do it too. It's good to be thankful for what your SO does, because I have no doubt that it makes it easier. But if you had to do it, you wouldn't think twice about it.

• DH generally doesn't see the boys M-F due to work....by the weekend I am ready to hand them off!
  • I don't know how single moms and SAHMs do it.  My DH works far from home and stays at work for three days some weeks and five days other weeks.  I work and taking care of DD is so tough sometimes.  I get so exhausted, especially now that I'm pregnant.  So I give single moms and SAHMs so much credit, I don't know how they do it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehopkins5:
    SO works three hours away so he stays in the city from Monday to Friday. There are days when I'm counting down the seconds until he gets home. It's HARD doing it on your own! I'm a SAHM and full time student. Single mamas are superhuman.

This is me. Except I work PT, 2 nights a week. Seriously, single moms amaze me!!! By Friday, I can't wait for DH to arrive!  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Well thanks for acknowledging us.  I am a single mom who works fulltime as a nurse.  I am so fortunate that my LO's grandma gets to take care of him while I work.  I am fortunate that I only work 3 days a week but 13 hour shifts, so the days are long and hard, but I make a point everynight to get home to feed him, bath him, and put him to bed.  It is completely exhausting and sometimes I wish someone would offer to help me out, but I wouldn't change it.  We as parents, sometimes feel like we couldn't do one more thing and then we somehow find the energy to do that one more thing.  I have learned to take one day at a time. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I agree with this x a million. I have so much respect for single mothers. My DH recently left for a deployment, and I am a hot mess. I don't know how I'm going to get through the next several months.  You ladies rock.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"