April 2012 Moms

Need opinions on these girl names!

We're having a really tough time choosing a girl name.  After DH rejected most of the names on my original list (he doesn't like my "old lady names" style), I went through the books again and tried to come up with some new favorites.  I'd appreciate any feedback---good or bad.

DD is Cora and our last name has 2 syllables and starts with a W.  TIA!

Adele
Alice
Jenna
Eleanor
Elsa
Leona
Lucille
Nadia
Simone

Re: Need opinions on these girl names!

• I love the name Eleanor. It's on my list, but there's no way my hubby would go for it.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Alice - it's classic and fresh at the same time!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • I love Simone, Nadia and Lucille.  Adele is great too but I would imagine with the singer's growing popularity that it will be quite a common name in the next few years (dont know if you care about that or not...)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • These are my top picks from your list:

Alice
    Eleanor
    Lucille
    Nadia
    Simone

I also think the singer when I hear the name Adele, but it is pretty.  

• Here's my top 4:
    Lucille
    Nadia
    Jenna
    Eleanor (mainly b/c I know an Eleanor and she is super sweet, funny, and has an awesome irish accent, haha)

Like PP mentioned, I'd probably steer clear of Adele, b/c I suspect it will have increased popularity over the next few years.

• It is a bummer about Adele possibly becoming really popular.  I didn't know about the singer until recently.  (Yes, I pretty much live under a rock.  lol)  We had a family friend with a daughter named Adele when I was younger and I've always really liked it.
  • I think ALL of these are great names, and all sound great with Cora.

I agree with the pp's about Adele, but it's still a beautiful name, and Elsa is in our top five names too:)

• Eleanor is cute, and I think Simone is really pretty.

I am annoyed with Adele because I used to want to name my kid Adelaide, and then everyone (or so it seemed, lol) started naming their kids Adele because of that singer. 

• Alice and Eleanor are my favoirtes from your list :)
  • I LOVE Adele, Alice, Elsa, Lucille, and Simone. I think Jenna is cute, but sounds odd next to Cora. Eleanor and Leona are not my favorites, but are totally solid, nice names as well. Nadia I also don't think works well with Cora. 

• my niece is Jenna, she spells it Genna, I love that name!

• I love Leona (my DD's mn), and Alice is a great name too. I have what many people think is an "old lady name" style. I told someone yesterday we were considering Evelyn and she about fell over because it's soooo "old". I also like Charlotte but really need to do some convincing to sell DH on it.
  • i have always liked the name Alice.
    classic, good as a little girl name or an adult name. simple, no weird spelling.
    (also lends itself to the cute nickname "Allie" or the less cute "Al")
  • The only name I like on your list is Eleanor...
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • They're all nice but I'd have to say my fav's on the list are Adele, Alice & Nadia.  My mom's name is Elsa. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I like Eleanor, Leona, Nadia and Simone the best from your list. Those names are all very pretty though I don't think you can really go wrong.
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love Lucille
  • imageTambcat:

Eleanor is cute, and I think Simone is really pretty.

I am annoyed with Adele because I used to want to name my kid Adelaide, and then everyone (or so it seemed, lol) started naming their kids Adele because of that singer. 

I love the name Adelaide, it was grandmother's middle name.  I would love to use it if I have a girl, but my H doesn't care for it as much as our other option. 

• Alice and Simone are pretty names. I like Nadia but not sure it sounds good with Cora
  • I like Lucille best, and call her Lucy. Lucy and Cora sounds so cute!

I have a friend with a daughter named Cora and her other two daughters are Zoe and Avery.

• I have very modern taste when it comes to girls names (we are having a boy). I like Jenna and Nadia. What is your thoughts on a middle name?
  • imagein my life:
    I love Leona (my DD's mn), and Alice is a great name too. I have what many people think is an "old lady name" style. I told someone yesterday we were considering Evelyn and she about fell over because it's soooo "old". I also like Charlotte but really need to do some convincing to sell DH on it.

Evelyn was on our list too (it's a family name to boot) but I was really surprised by how popular it is---I think #39.  These types of names are definitely coming back in style it seems.

• imagedanandbethg:
    I have very modern taste when it comes to girls names (we are having a boy). I like Jenna and Nadia. What is your thoughts on a middle name?

We have no mn picked out at all.  We'd prefer to use a family name, but nothing is really jumping out at us.  DD's mn is from my late grandmother, so I almost feel like the next LO's mn should be from DH's side.  But DD's first name is from his side.  lol

So who knows, maybe we'll end up just picking something we like and sounds good. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"