March 2012 Moms

Shower date??

My mom and I looked around at places for a shower yesterday.  We were looking for Feb. 4th and one of the ladies we spoke with said she thought that was a little too late for a shower being that I am due March 16th.  Is it?  Please share your thoughts!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shower date??

• Mine is set for Feb 4th also, but I'm due Mar 30th.  The only issue I see is if she comes 2 weeks early.  You might want to add an extra week or two to add time to prepare everything just in case, but that's just my opinion as a FTM.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Meh!  I think it's fine.  If the date was within 2 weeks of your due date, that would be different.  If you think you'll still be feeling good and will have time/energy to unpack or assemble or whatever all the gifts you'll be getting, then go for it!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • We are looking for beginning to mid January and I am due March 11th. That way we will have 2 months before the baby comes to organize everything that we receive, plus I will be about 32 weeks rather than 36 weeks and super uncomfortable.
    Married DH 6.6.09
    BFP#1 6.12.10 EDD 2.20.11 MMC 8.10.10 D&C 8.11.10
    BFP#2 7.17.11 EDD 3.11.12 DS Born 3.17.12
    BFP#3 10.30.14 EDD 7.10.14 

Pregnancy Ticker

http://i62.tinypic.com/r0614p.gif  movie animated GIF  Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Mines is Jan. 15th and Im due March 5th...I gave myself time to get setttled and get things I didnt get at the shower. I hope he dosent try to come too early but just in case he does, I want to be ready and have things in order. But I think you have enough time in between for it to work.
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • One of mine is also for my birthday on Feb 18th. I am due March 20th :) 
  • Whatever date you choose you shouldn't let anyones sway you...my shower was supposed to be Feb 5 and I am due March 3...but unfortunately that is Super Bowl, so date was changed to Jan 29th...what ever you feel you should do
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm going to be 33wks at my shower.  I think you're fine when you're doing yours.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm due March 5 and I'm having one on Jan 8 and one in early February (she hasnt chosen a date yet)  :)
    BabyName Ticker
  • Well we are due the same day!!! And we have planned my shower for Feb 4th too!!! :) 
  • I requested a date anywhere between the middle of January to the end of that month. 

With a March 19th EDD, it gives me at least a month to get things washed, sanitized adn put away before the baby arrives (hopefully).

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Not at all! I will be having mine that same weekend. I think it is the perfect timing. My due date is the 22nd. Just know that EVERYONE is going to have an opinion. Confused
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
  • I'm hoping not - as my SIL & MIL are planning my shower the same day, and I'm due 3/11.  I'd rather put the shower back into February if it means there is even the smallest chance of better weather.  I'm petrified there will be a huge snow storm!

25 People Who Haven't Quite Figured Out Parenting Yet

Lilypie - (TIAf)

Lilypie - (95p4)

• I will be 34.5 weeks at mine. It seems close but we wanted to go as far away from Christmas as possible. 

• Mine is March 3rd and EDD is March 28th.  I've been to several showers where my gal pals had their babies a week or two afterwards.

I'm waiting a little later because my mom visits family in Thailand for a month every year, and she won't be back until the last weekend in February.

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• Mine is Feb. 18th and I'm due March 6th. I don't know why I picked this date, just works with my scheduled, hope the LO agrees!

• I'm due 3/9 and my shower is 1/28, so the weekend before yours and I'm due about a week before you, so I don't think it's too late. There's always the possibility of LO coming early, of course, but I will be about 5 weeks from my EDD and I feel comfortable with it.
  • Thanks so much for your feedback ladies!!!! 
  • Is there a particular reason you picked that date? Is that the first day that works for you and your family?

It does seem late because it won't leave you much time to buy any "essentials" that aren't purchased during/for your shower.

Originally I wasn't having a shower, but it is now scheduled for December since that is the only day/time that works for us.

TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
  • One of mine is Feb. 4 and I am due March 3rd. I don't think that is too late.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• With DD, one of my showers was June 5th and I was due July 9th. I wasn't uncomfortable and still had energy to set everything up. Then she didn't come until July 18th :) You should be fine.
  • I am having the same issue... I am due March 24... but I am planning my shower for the first weekend in March... I live in Canada and didn't want to have it in Feb or Jan due to snow... the only thing I am worried about is my family lives about 2 hours away soo I will be making the drive to them... Hopefully I will be comfortable enough!!! 

If I don't do it this weekend then my shower would be after the baby is born... my MIL is having a shower for me in april.. and I don't want to have both showers after the baby is born...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"