April 2012 Moms

Chinese Gender Chart guess NOT correct for this baby??

I know this is silly, but I see many mamas on here say the Chinese Gender Chart was correct for them.  Anyone get something other than what the chart said for you? Since this is my first, I'll love my LO no matter what, but I'm a girly girl at heart and love the thought of a girl....but chart says boy.  Just thought I'd see what you all had to report!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Chinese Gender Chart guess NOT correct for this baby??

• The Bump's chart said girl. A different chart I found online that calculated lunar age properly (the Bump's does not) said boy, and was right.
  • It was wrong for me. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mine said girl....it was wrong according to the guess we got last week
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • wrong -lunar one and traditional one. wrong with my 2 year old  as well.
    pregnancy due date Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • The Bump chart was wrong (said boy), but I just looked at two other charts randomly online- and they both said girl... I also had a Cheri22 reading that said boy- as well as all the old wives tales said boy... I was totally shocked to learn our baby is a girl!
  • Look, that chart is bunk. I know we are all hormonal, but don't let yourself get down about something like this. lol
  • imageTambcat:
    Look, that chart is bunk. I know we are all hormonal, but don't let yourself get down about something like this. lol

...So I should stop crying myself to sleep because The Bump's was wrong? 

• imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:
    The Bump's chart said girl. A different chart I found online that calculated lunar age properly (the Bump's does not) said boy, and was right.

Exactly this for me. And most of the OWT we're right for me also.

imageTambcat:
    Look, that chart is bunk. I know we are all hormonal, but don't let yourself get down about something like this. lol

I just thought the OP seemed worried!

• Assuming the ding dong that did my a/s was correct in guessing boy, it was wrong this time for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageTambcat:
    imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:

imageTambcat:

I really think I was worried for a second....and I can't believe I let myself be.  There have been a few posts that have said something about their gender chart guess being right, and for some reason that bugged me.  I guess I wanted someone to post, "and my gender chart was wrong!"  

I'm definitely not crying, this is just meant to be a light-hearted post.  Not every post needs to be dripping with drama. (Although I do enjoy my fair share of drama.)  

On a side note, my intuition says boy....I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see!

• imageangiekay84:
    imageTambcat:

imageTambcat:

I really think I was worried for a second....and I can't believe I let myself be.  There have been a few posts that have said something about their gender chart guess being right, and for some reason that bugged me.  I guess I wanted someone to post, "and my gender chart was wrong!"  

I'm definitely not crying, this is just meant to be a light-hearted post.  Not every post needs to be dripping with drama. (Although I do enjoy my fair share of drama.)  

On a side note, my intuition says boy....I'll guess I'll just have to wait and see!

I was totally just kidding, and didn't mean for it to come off as a dig to you at all! I obsessed about the chart and other old wives' tales before finding out, so I feel ya :) My intuition ended up being right, though! 

• I was told my baby to be a boy. I was a bit excited because on both sides of the family all we have is mostly girls. Got the US a week ago and it's a girl, another one. I was happy anyway it's my first child, I will enjoy it and try for another one later on in the future.
  • It said Boy for me and we got a boy
  • Both the Bump and lunar charts said boy for me, and we are having a boy!  (I was actually pretty surprised that it was right though!) 
    IMG_0293

Mr. & Mrs. 10/2/10 | Dx w/PCOS March 2011
    BFP - 7/25/11 | EDD 4/3/12 | C-section 2/7/12 @ 32 weeks 
    BFP - 1/07/14 | EDD 9/20/14

BabyFetus Ticker
  • The chart says girl for me, and according to our guess yesterday, it was right...but, we will see, I guess (I keep hearing these horror stories about people being told one thing, and actually getting the other at the birth!)
    ~Sarah

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Chart said Boy, ultrasound says girl!
  • Bump chart said girl and we are having a boy.
    imageimageimage
  • The chart says girl for me, and my early U/S at 16 weeks said girl!  We'll see at the actual a/s on 11/28
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageangiekay84:
    imageTambcat:

imageTambcat:

I was totally just kidding, and didn't mean for it to come off as a dig to you at all! I obsessed about the chart and other old wives' tales before finding out, so I feel ya :) My intuition ended up being right, though! 

Thanks for your comment, you made me feel better. I know there are many people who would judge for having a gender preference, so I felt a little defensive.  I appreciate you commenting back.  (I assume all woman want a healthy baby and I don't think there is anything wrong with speculating).   

Ladies, your comments made me go look at the lunar calendar....and that says boy as well. Hmmm, AND my intuition says boy.  I find out today at 11:00 AM (PST) what I'm having, so I'll have to let you all know if the gender charts were right or wrong! ;) 

• The Chinese Gender Chart is very accurate but it is not 100% correct! Make sure you apply lunar age and month to the chart. You can see the lunar age calculator if you don't know how to find them out.

• It was NOT correct for me...it told me this baby was another boy (I admit, I was a little sad) but to my surprise, when I had my A/S clear shot... IT'S A GIRL!. So I wouldn't pay much attencion to that Chinese Gender Chart.

(of course, a healthy baby before anything else.) Good Luck

• It was NOT correct for me...it told me this baby was another boy (I admit, I was a little sad) but to my surprise, when I had my A/S clear shot... IT'S A GIRL!. So I wouldn't pay much attencion to that Chinese Gender Chart.

(of course, a healthy baby above all.) Good Luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"