Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Freezing baby food the next day?

So I got a few free pumpkins from my mom and figured I would baked them to make baby food and freeze it, but was stupid and didn't think about the fact that I made way too much food and do not have enough ice cube trays to freeze all of it at once.  Do you think I can store the pureed food in the fridge over night and freeze tomorrow?
BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Freezing baby food the next day?

• Options
    Yes, I think that would be more than fine!  Can you dump the ice cubes into baggies?  That's what I do.
    Twin boys born too early at 17w4d and 18w2d in February 2010
    Transabdominal cerclage placed September 2010
    DS born at 35w1d in February 2011
    Twin girls born at exactly 36w in February 2013
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageleneae10:
    Yes, I think that would be more than fine!  Can you dump the ice cubes into baggies?  That's what I do.

Yeah I will do that as soon as they freeze all the way, but i'm not sure if they will freeze enough before I go to bed

BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageScout2005:

According to wholesomebabyfood.com, food is good for 48 hours in the fridge. So I would assume, from that, you can then either serve or freeze at that time.

I would probably not go much past 12 hours, personally, but if you are just talking overnight, I think you're fine. 

Yeah, this is the website I use too and saw that, and I googled before coming here also, but couldn't find anything on having in fridge before freezing.

Thanks ladies :)

• Options
    Totally fine.  I only have two flexible cube trays I feeze his food in and often have to do this.  I usually make large batches of food at once so I'm not cooking baby food everyday.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    i have been msking baby food for a while. as long as it has been only 24 hours or so you can freeze it. remember that baby food can stay frozen for a month before you have to use it and it is good for 3 days in fridge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"