December 2011 Moms

37 weeks, still no name! New idea, help needed!

I love Ruby for a middle name, but it just doesn't seem to mesh well with the first names we have been discussing this whole pregnancy (Sienna and Cadence have been the top 2 for a while).

Can someone please suggest some new first name ideas please?! We have been playing around with Sienna, Cadence, Sofia, and Amaya if that helps at all! And our last name is Madrid!

Thanks so much! Baby girl needs a name badly! :) 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: 37 weeks, still no name! New idea, help needed!

• I would honestly consider naming a second daughter Sienna if I ever had one. And I think it sounds really, really cute as Sienna Ruby!
    Born at 26 weeks 2 days gestation, 2 pounds 2 ounces due to IC/PTL,
    and after 82 days in the NICU, our little girl is home!
    Untitled Lilypie Premature Baby tickers image image image
  • Are you opposed to Ruby as a first name?  It's super cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Josselin
    Marnae
    Arianna
    Carys
    Isla
    Eden
    Ella
    Celeste
    Cecily
    Marissa
    Nadia

• Sienna is the name of the University I went to in NY, LOL. I have never heard of that as someones name, I like it! As for Ruby that is my great grandmas name, she just turned 97. Very old fashion!
  • Ruby is a great name, I think it's neutral enough to mesh with most names. Would you consider making Ruby into the first name? If you like Sienna, maybe you would like Sierra. Sierra Ruby sounds nice to me. I also really like Amaya. I seem to like any girl name with the letters Ama in it. I think cause my favorite flower is the Amaryllis. I came up with a name for my baby if it had turned out to be a girl - Amaryn. I'm having a boy so I can't use it this time. I don't get name jealous, so if you like it, use it. I'm not a big fan of the name Cadence, and I don't think it meshes well with your last name as Sierra or Sienna.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you really want new ideas, check out nymbler.com Type in the three names you like and it should come up with some ideas that may be close to your style in names.

• Some additional suggestions that seem similar would be:

Stella, Scarlett, Violet, Amelia, Olivia, Isabella, Sierra, Savannah, Grace, Addison, Avery, Layla

I like all of those! I like the names you have already been discussing as well though. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I like Sienna Ruby as well.
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really like Sienna Ruby too
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I love Ruby as a first name!! Or Sienna Ruby from your list of choices Smile
    Married 8.4.07
    BFP #1 4.15.11 Twin girls born 11/17/11
    BFP #2 10/16/13 m/c at 9w
    BFP #3 4/7/14 EDD 12/13/14

• Quite honestly, your first choices sound fine together.  The important thing is that you like the names chosen and like their significance whether they "mesh" or not...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMesmrEwe:
    Quite honestly, your first choices sound fine together.  The important thing is that you like the names chosen and like their significance whether they "mesh" or not...

Couldn't agree more!! My DH and I were having the same problem coming up with a girls name that we liked and thought sounded good together. Eventually we just picked what we liked the most whether they sounded great together or not. Now the name is gowing on us tremendously and it actually sounds really nice together.

P.S. I like Sienna Ruby also!!!

imageFuzziBunz at Nurtured FamilyBabyFruit Ticker image
  • Maya Ruby Madrid

Justice Ruby Madrid

Sierra Ruby Madrid

Sterling Ruby Madrid

hmm.. good luck :) I'm sure you'll find the perfect name 

BabyFetus TickerBabyFruit Ticker

Anniversary

imageimage

I'm a Dork. I Can't Wait for Dumb and Dumber To!

ME 28 - DH 30 ♥♥Married 7/25/2009♥♥
    Father's Day 2014 - 6/15/14 BFP!
    DD Born 12/8/2011 I Love my Mini-Me

• Just an fyi,

Sienna means reddish brown

Ruby means well, ruby red

So your kid would be having two color names if that were her name

Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageNewMomAlyssa:

Just an fyi,

Sienna means reddish brown

Ruby means well, ruby red

So your kid would be having two color names if that were her name

I was praying that no one would point this out haha! This is exactly what I'm worried about, and that's what is holding me back from committing to this name, even though Ruby is known as a gemstone more than a color. Sienna is also the #1 model of a van, and an Italian city, so there are a few associations people can make. But I knew someone was going to point out the color thing! :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (uREA)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"