1st Trimester

Was morning sickness a sign of gender?

I am 8 weeks preggo with #2.  My first was a girl and I have very little morning sickness, but this pregnancy I feel horrible and nauseous at least half of the day. Friends keep telling me they had more ms when they were pregnant with boys, was this true for you, the other way around or not a sign of anything?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Was morning sickness a sign of gender?

• From the articles I've read having little morning sickness is supposed to be a sign of a boy. The reason being that girls are producing their own hormones and so are you so it's like an overload for you and it makes you sick.

That being said, I had no ms with this one and she's a girl... so I think it's not a very good indicator of what you're having.

Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • I had very manageable morning sickness when I was pregnant with DS. I pretty much needed to keep food in my stomach and I was fine. This time nothing seems to help and I feel so gross 75% of the time. I guess we'll see in a couple months if this is true!
    Baby #3 is on the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

Also Mama to Max 5/21/10 and Lucy 6/18/12
  • Loading the player...
  • I haven't heard that one. But for me it was actually true. I had NO morning sickness with my daughter and with my son I had nausea all day. We'll see about this time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had terrible ms with both. My first was a girl. We will see in 5 weeks what this one is!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • This is garbage science. It's not true.

For every woman you find that it was true for, you'll find another for whom it wasn't. Heck -- even just among my own friends and family who have had babies recently it's a mixed bag. The ones who had severe morning sickness had slightly more boys. But the ones who had very little morning sickness are about evenly split.

Mama's Clone - 07/18/12

• With DS i didnt have one day of MS and with this one i only had 1 week so far, no sure what im having.
    Married since June 2007 ~ TTC June 2007 BFP #1 8/24/07 ~ M/C 10/31/07 Emergency D/C (8w) BFP #2 5/22/09 ~ DS born 1/30/10 BFP #3 8/22/11 ~ EDD 6/2/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry, false.  My best friend and I were both pregnant with boys at the same time last year.  She was sick as a dog and I was never sick.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Dont count on it. I had NO morning sickness with my twin girls and was sick as a dog for 4 months with my last daughter. Everyone said it was a boy, but no....another girl.
  • When I was pregnant with DD I had sickness for about a month or so and it was not good, I had a hard time keep anything down. This time I have been pretty sick - almost the same but it started earlier. We won't know until June what this one is though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers  

• Most everyone I know that had bad M/S had a girl. Most of my friends with boys had little to none at all.

But I don't think it matters. My mom was super sick all 3 of her pregnancies and had 2 girls and a boy. Another friend of mine is having her 3rd boy soon and had no m/s with her first two and a TON with this last one. 

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • I dont think morning sickness has anything to do with gender. I was sick with my first pregnancy and she was a girl then my 2nd pregnancy which ended in a m/c I was never sick and it was a girl and now I am horribly sick so we will see what this one is.

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • My sister had NONE with her first girl and was throwing up for 7 weeks with her second girl.

I had none with this one and its a girl :) 

• For what it is worth I puked 24/7 for 7 months with my first. It was a boy. My daughter is 7 months old and i was extremely exhausted to the point I could not move some days, but I was never sick.
  • I had the same amount of morning sickness with both pregnancies...I'm having one of each.
  • i have one boy one girl and had no morning sickness with either. the only thing differen among the pregnancies was at the end i carried my son very low but he was my second so that could be why he felt much lower too.
    SAHM to DD (2007) DS (2009), DD (2012), loss #4 (Feb 2017 at 16 wks)
  • i heard morning sickness = girl

i had severe morning sickness with both of my boys. =)

• That was true for my mom, which is why she thinks I'm having a boy. She had horrible morning sickness with my brother and none with me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie - YeTq
  • Morning sickness has nothing to do with gender.  Every pregnancy is just different.  I had very little morning sickness last time and it was a boy.  This pregnancy has been the same but I don't know what we're having yet.  My SIL was sick with her first which was a boy.  She had even worse m/s with her second and was convinced that it meant girl.  It wasn't and she had another boy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most of my girlfriends that was pregnant last year have little MS they all have girls, and one of my friend thats having a boy had a very bad MS and could not keep food down.

I heard its not significantly sign of gender, but if your mom have a bad MS then there is possibilities that it goes to their daughter. I havent seen any sign of MS just 75% feeling gross all the time and the nausea. I'm 4 weeks along so we will see if its going this way all along. 

• I had horrible ms (for 28 weeks) and had a boy. My friend was also pg with a boy and had absolutely no ms. It's different for everyone.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"