Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Is anyone stopping the use of Johnson&Johnson?

Sorry if this has been asked- I scrolled down & didn't see anything.

With all of the stuff going on with the fun chemicals in it, is anyone stopping the use of their products? What are you using now? If you weren't using, what do you use anyway?

We use it but mostly just because it was cheap and widely available and because it was just what we used lol. Now we would like to switch to something else.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Dog tickers

Re: Is anyone stopping the use of Johnson&Johnson?

• we were using it as they sent some home with us from the hospital. we stopped the day before the media frenzy bc lo was getting dry skin and the advice rn told us to just use water.  we have aveeno products from our registry to use but have heard good things about california baby products. they are just expensive.
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've always used the Aveeno line because all my kiddies had extremely sensitive skin with eczema and bad cradle cap.  The line doesn't have the known ingredients that the other shampoo does and works really well. It is quite a bit pricier though.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Loading the player...
  • Just FYI, Aveeno is made by J&J.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nope.  if it's good enough for tons of major hospitals it's fine w/ me.  there are many other things i'm sure we all use daily that are just as big of a cancer risk. 
    imageimage

• We're still going to use it. I'm just not that paranoid.

And yeah, Aveeno products are made by J&J and have the same "bad" ingredients according to the article I read, just fyi. 

• imagechristiney06:
    nope.  if it's good enough for tons of major hospitals it's fine w/ me.  there are many other things i'm sure we all use daily that are just as big of a cancer risk. 

So known carcinogens are ok with you? And you sound like you are cool with "many other things we use daily" being a cancer risk? So when you or your child gets cancer you won't be on your knees crying "why why why", you'll understand that it was your own laziness and refusal to accept facts that caused it?

• We are stopping using J&J, I'm sure everything has something bad in it ... but I would feel guilty in the future for knowing what's in it, hearing the warnings, and just ignoring it. Anyway, we are using Burt's Bees products. More expensive, but we were gifted a lot off our registry so that helps. The diaper ointment they make is fabulous and you use so little, it lasts forever.
  • imagearuiz1982:

imagechristiney06:
    nope.  if it's good enough for tons of major hospitals it's fine w/ me.  there are many other things i'm sure we all use daily that are just as big of a cancer risk. 

So known carcinogens are ok with you? And you sound like you are cool with "many other things we use daily" being a cancer risk? So when you or your child gets cancer you won't be on your knees crying "why why why", you'll understand that it was your own laziness and refusal to accept facts that caused it?

wow. dramatic much?? if it was really that much of a risk why would all these hospitals carry it?  there are many things out there that are known carcinogens.  like alcohol, so i assume you don't drink at all.  also, salt...so i assume you are on a salt free diet.  what about coffee and your cell phone?? you must not use those either.  canned tomatoes? deodorant??   all i'm saying is that there might be a risk but there is risk in anything. driving in a car daily is much riskier!! 

imageimage

• imagechristiney06:
    imagearuiz1982:

imagechristiney06:

wow. dramatic much?? if it was really that much of a risk why would all these hospitals carry it?  there are many things out there that are known carcinogens.  like alcohol, so i assume you don't drink at all.  also, salt...so i assume you are on a salt free diet.  what about coffee and your cell phone?? you must not use those either.  canned tomatoes? deodorant??   all i'm saying is that there might be a risk but there is risk in anything. driving in a car daily is much riskier!! 

Yes there are lots and lots of health hazards we encounter everyday. But when you learn about one, doesnt it make sense to find a safer alternative if possible?

Also, salt? Really?

• imagearuiz1982:

Yes there are lots and lots of health hazards we encounter everyday. But when you learn about one, doesnt it make sense to find a safer alternative if possible?

Also, salt? Really?

Salt.  It?s also classified as a ?known carcinogen,? because foods that are high in salt have been linked to ovarian cancer and prostate cancer

imageimage

• imagechristiney06:
    imagearuiz1982:

Also, salt? Really?

Salt.  It?s also classified as a ?known carcinogen,? because foods that are high in salt have been linked to ovarian cancer and prostate cancer

If  food is "high in salt" then its a processed food. In which case it is full of preservatives and dyes also. Salt is not a carcinogen.

• Where have I been & how did I miss that report?

We actually don't use any of their products because DD has bad excema & they all make her break out in a bad rash.

We use Cetaphil Restroderm soap & lotion for her.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am using California Baby products. We had a few free samples of J&J that I threw away after reading about the carcinogens.
  • imagekle+spd:

Where have I been & how did I miss that report?

this!?!?

• CA Baby.  A little goes a long way so the price is worth it to me. 

LOL at the carcinogen discussion.  We all choose what poison we'll accept and not accept. We use CA Baby but give DD processed food and brush her teeth with the "bad" toothpaste. What one family chooses is not my business.

• imageHollyBerry25:
    imagekle+spd:

Where have I been & how did I miss that report?

this!?!?

The report is actually old news. I heard it 2 yrs ago.

• imagechristiney06:

Yes

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagedragon_chica:

CA Baby.  A little goes a long way so the price is worth it to me. 

LOL at the carcinogen discussion.  We all choose what poison we'll accept and not accept. We use CA Baby but give DD processed food and brush her teeth with the "bad" toothpaste. What one family chooses is not my business.

Why is the price worth it to you? If you know and understand how bad processed foods are and you know your toothpaste is a bad one, why do you not choose something healthier? Is it harder?

• imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:

Why is the price worth it to you? If you know and understand how bad processed foods are and you know your toothpaste is a bad one, why do you not choose something healthier? Is it harder?

Like I said before I chose which products I want to be vigilant on.  I used to make DD's food but once she got past the pureed stage and was showing zero interest in what I cooked it was easier to make her mac n cheese or give her some graham crackers.  I still offer fresh fruit over canned and avoid sugar as much as possible but I would go looney trying to stay "all natural" all the way.

• imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:

Like I said before I chose which products I want to be vigilant on.  I used to make DD's food but once she got past the pureed stage and was showing zero interest in what I cooked it was easier to make her mac n cheese or give her some graham crackers.  I still offer fresh fruit over canned and avoid sugar as much as possible but I would go looney trying to stay "all natural" all the way.

Why would you go looney? Why do you think you are making a difference in your childs health by using a certain soap on her outsides, but putting processed junk food inside her body?

• imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:

Why would you go looney? Why do you think you are making a difference in your childs health by using a certain soap on her outsides, but putting processed junk food inside her body?

Wow, who turned on your attack mode button today.  Haven't looked at your ticker so I'm going to assume you're a FTM.  You'll learn real quick that a lot of the things you held steadfast while pg and in these early stages will be questioned and compromised.  You'll also learn that unless it directly affects YOU it's just not worth it to get all high and mighty about it. 

Anyways, it's been fun but I gotta to take my posion-laced daughter to preschool and then tend to my newborn who I'm also poisoning with my bad bad parenting.

• Wow. Can I just say calm down, everyone!? Is the sleep deprivation getting to us all?

• I asked this question a couple of weeks ago.....I've stopped using J and J, I'll be using either California Baby or Burt's Bees.....

• imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:

Wow, who turned on your attack mode button today.  Haven't looked at your ticker so I'm going to assume you're a FTM.  You'll learn real quick that a lot of the things you held steadfast while pg and in these early stages will be questioned and compromised.  You'll also learn that unless it directly affects YOU it's just not worth it to get all high and mighty about it. 

Anyways, it's been fun but I gotta to take my posion-laced daughter to preschool and then tend to my newborn who I'm also poisoning with my bad bad parenting.

I'm a third time mom. And what I have learned is that I don't feel better and more relaxed when I make lazy crappy choices for my children, I feel better when I do what is healthiest for them.

• imagedragon_chica:

She's a troll who pops up every now and then.  Don't feed the trolls!

"God is faithful, and he will not let you be tested beyond your strength, but with the testing he will also provide the way out so that you may be able to endure it" 1 Corinthians 10:13
  • imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:

I'm a third time mom. And what I have learned is that I don't feel better and more relaxed when I make lazy crappy choices for my children, I feel better when I do what is healthiest for them.

Oh seriously, does insulting a perfect stranger make you feel better too?

• imageAccounting Chick:
    imagedragon_chica:

Yeah, I can see where choosing not to put toxins inside or outside my children makes me troll. Just because a lot of you are lazy uninformed parents doesnt mean that people who make better choices than you are "trolls".

• imageAccounting Chick:
    imagedragon_chica:

Yeah, I can see where choosing not to put toxins inside or outside my children makes me troll. Just because a lot of you are lazy uninformed parents doesnt mean that people who make better choices than you are "trolls".

• imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imagedragon_chica:

It's aruiz. She/he is always in attack mode. OP, we use Aveeno and plan on continuing to use it.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!

• imagechristiney06:

If I hear one more person make this argument I'll barf.  If the hospitals use it it must be safe! What about thalidomide?  

We use CB or Dr Bronners.  Both are slightly more expensive on the face, but they are way less watered down, and the price difference is worth it to me.  But I'm one of those crazies who doesn't use deodorant with aluminum, uses non-conventional toothpaste, and spends more money for local and organic produce.  

If you give a crap about what you put in your mouth, you should give a crap about what you put on your skin.  It goes directly into your bloodstream.   

• I'm still going to use Johnson & Johnson products.  My mom used them for all five of her children, my SIL used them on her two kids, and many other people have been using them for years.  Myself and my siblings are all perfectly healthy though apparently my mom is a lazy uniformed mother (according to some people on here).  On top of that we have all eaten plenty of processed food.  
  • imageMhouser82:
    I'm still going to use Johnson & Johnson products.  My mom used them for all five of her children, my SIL used them on her two kids, and many other people have been using them for years.  Myself and my siblings are all perfectly healthy though apparently my mom is a lazy uniformed mother (according to some people on here).  On top of that we have all eaten plenty of processed food.  

So what you are saying is that you are okay with washing your child in (now) known toxins and junk food is good enough for your family because other people eat it? Is that what you are saying?

• imagearuiz1982:

imageMhouser82:
    I'm still going to use Johnson & Johnson products.  My mom used them for all five of her children, my SIL used them on her two kids, and many other people have been using them for years.  Myself and my siblings are all perfectly healthy though apparently my mom is a lazy uniformed mother (according to some people on here).  On top of that we have all eaten plenty of processed food.  

So what you are saying is that you are okay with washing your child in (now) known toxins and junk food is good enough for your family because other people eat it? Is that what you are saying?

No what I'm saying is if it was used on me and I'm perfectly fine then I have no problem using it on my children.  I'm going to raise my children based on how I want to raise them not on how someone from the Internet feels they should be raised.  My mom has done an amazing job of raising myself and my two sisters and is doing an amazing job of raising my two brothers, so I will us her as a role model for how I raise my children. 

• imageMhouser82:
    imagearuiz1982:

imageMhouser82:

No what I'm saying is if it was used on me and I'm perfectly fine then I have no problem using it on my children.  I'm going to raise my children based on how I want to raise them not on how someone from the Internet feels they should be raised.  My mom has done an amazing job of raising myself and my two sisters and is doing an amazing job of raising my two brothers, so I will us her as a role model for how I raise my children. 

And you feel they should be raised by soaking their largest organ (their skin) in toxins once a day every day when safer products are readily available?

I will never understand people who ignore facts.

• imageHazelnut2832:
    We are stopping using J&J, I'm sure everything has something bad in it ... but I would feel guilty in the future for knowing what's in it, hearing the warnings, and just ignoring it. Anyway, we are using Burt's Bees products. More expensive, but we were gifted a lot off our registry so that helps. The diaper ointment they make is fabulous and you use so little, it lasts forever.

This.  We love the Burt's Bees products!  We use the bath and the diaper ointment - the diaper ointment is my favorite out of all the ones we've tried.

• We use Burt's Bees, mostly because we received a couple of gift sets.  I agree with the above poster, it's about minimizing cumulative risk where you can and where it makes sense.  Yeah, smog and processed foods can lead to cancer, and driving a car is a dangerous, so I might as well start smoking again, right?  No.

It doesn't make sense to keep using a product that you know poses a health risk when eliminating that risk is as simple as reaching for a different product on the shelf and reading the ingredients.  It's not that difficult.

• imagePappsMcgee:
    imagearuiz1982:
    imageAccounting Chick:
    imagedragon_chica:

You must have purchased a bubble for your children then right? I'm pretty sure the last time I checked our atmosphere was pretty toxic too. I've heard of so many things being bad for us... you have to pick and choose your battles. Get over it

Changing the atmosphere isn't attainable. Choosing a soap that isn't made of toxic chemicals is easily attainable. And if you choose to keep using johnsons and johnsons knowing this information, you are an idiot.

• imagearuiz1982:
    imageAccounting Chick:
    imagedragon_chica:

No, the fact that you think you can openly insult a stranger on an internet forum by calling them names (which is clearly against the forum rules) makes all civilized posters question the authenticity of your profile. Or actually, I remember learning about respect in kindergarten... Were you sick that day? Is that what you teach your children as well- to insult others behind your computer screen? *Hands over Mother of the Year Award*

Most of us pick our battles. Which soap is used is not one of them.  

• imagealiciaroset:

imagechristiney06:

If I hear one more person make this argument I'll barf.  If the hospitals use it it must be safe! What about thalidomide?  

We use CB or Dr Bronners.  Both are slightly more expensive on the face, but they are way less watered down, and the price difference is worth it to me.  But I'm one of those crazies who doesn't use deodorant with aluminum, uses non-conventional toothpaste, and spends more money for local and organic produce.  

If you give a crap about what you put in your mouth, you should give a crap about what you put on your skin.  It goes directly into your bloodstream.   

yes, b/c a drug used in the 50's that caused birth defects is the same as baby lotion.  if you don't trust hospitals than i assume you had a home birth.  i am sorry my answer made you want to barf, but then again you are one of the "crazies" ....to quote yourself. 

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"