November 2011 Moms

Help! Thrown up 2x today..cant keep anything down!

This is the second time i've puked my brains out in the past 12 hours! I cannot keep anything down! It's like my digestive system has shut down or something. The second i've finished peacfully eating my meal, it all comes right back up (and I dont even eat that much at all!) I dont understand whats going on.. I tempted to call the doc, but honestly, what can she do about? Has anyone else experienced this being this close to the end??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Help! Thrown up 2x today..cant keep anything down!

• I have had vomiting problems the whole pregnancy, but this close to the end my Dr. said to call if I was so sick that I couldn't keep anything down. The nurse said that can be a sign if pre-eclampsia, so I would think a check up call would probably be a good idea just in case. 
  • I've been vomiting throughout as well.  I would call the doc if it's something new, but what helps me is sticking with liquids when I really feel awful.  Soups, smoothies, Ensure, milkshakes.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagedesine77:
    I have had vomiting problems the whole pregnancy, but this close to the end my Dr. said to call if I was so sick that I couldn't keep anything down. The nurse said that can be a sign if pre-eclampsia, so I would think a check up call would probably be a good idea just in case. 

^This, I read it can be a worrisome sign of pre-ecalmpsia. You should call just to be safe and keep the doc informed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagedesine77:
    I have had vomiting problems the whole pregnancy, but this close to the end my Dr. said to call if I was so sick that I couldn't keep anything down. The nurse said that can be a sign if pre-eclampsia, so I would think a check up call would probably be a good idea just in case. 

^This, I read it can be a worrisome sign of pre-ecalmpsia. You should call just to be safe and keep the doc informed.

• Darn... sorry for repeat, my net lagged and I didn't think hitting post twice would affect anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"