January 2012 Moms

when will I look "pregnant" ?

Hey all, I'm almost 18 weeks, and it just looks like I'm getting fat... (lol)

Before pregnancy, I was 5'4 145lbs. And a little belly always. I mean.. who's perfect.. right? But now, same height, 18 wks, 11lbs heavier... you still cant tell much. Just looks "rollie". Some of my girlfriends are 2 weeks ahead of me and showing like crazy! When will I look pregnant? Sad

Re: when will I look "pregnant" ?

• Everyone is different.  I'm almost 32 weeks and I didn't "look" pregnant until really recently, and even now it depends what I wear.  In a loose sweatshirt, I just look fat.  In an empire cut maternity top, it's more obvious what's going on.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I really started to look pregnant around 23/24 weeks. At 18 weeks I still had a small belly but boy has it grown!

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
    TTC our first miracle since November 2010
    BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm having twins, and at 18 weeks it was still questionable whether I had gained weight or was pregnant.  It wasn't obviously noticeable to everyone until 23/24 weeks, and now it's clear as day, and I get comments all the time.  

Everyone always said enjoy it while you can, and now that I'm gigantic, I will agree--enjoy...looking back now, I should have enjoyed having the little adorable pregnant pudge as opposed to a huge watermelon that makes it hard to breathe (and is nearly impossible to dress!) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• I had a little belly at 18 but no one could tell too much besides me and my hubby! Then family started to notice around 21weeks. But as for everyone else, they r probably just now noticing at 30 weeks :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am 29 weeks and still don't look super pregnant. So much to the point that people at work are just now asking me IF I am pregnant... So again, it depends!
    DD 1.18.2012
  • i still dont, so good luck with that.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Never. No seriously, everybody carries different, so honestly how are we supposed to know? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD, the love of my life, born January 26, 2012

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • I am 29 weeks tomorrow and have only started to really look pregnant in the last week or so. I had really bad back ache over the weekend and my belly was super achey and I kind of popped over night. When I came into work on Monday, everyone was like 'crikey, your baby is getting big!'

Like PPs have said, everyone carries differently and I think everyone thinks pregnancy should look like it does in the movies - What we seem to forget however is those women are wearing prosthetic bellies that are man made and moulded to be a perfect 'bump', there arent real babies in there! Lol. There is no correct way to look - I had a B belly (still do slightly) up until popping a few days ago.

Also, dont forget it depends how LO is lying in there and your belly could change shape several times throughout your pregnancy!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"