Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Got A Smiley Face OPK But I Still Have Questions

This month I bought the Clear Blue OPK. I was pleased that after my pessimistic side kept telling me I was defective, I got the smiley face. We followed the get busy within 48 hours instructions, but then I started researching how OPK works. 

The tests only detect LH surge, which is not a guarantee of ovulation. My question is how to find out whether I am ovulating or not. I have no interest in going through this for 12 months and then having the doctor tell me I was never ovulating.

Secondly, what are the options for men who have issues with their swimmers?

Thanks all, I am a pretty analytical person so the whole idea of not fully understanding this stuff drives me nuts. 

Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Got A Smiley Face OPK But I Still Have Questions

• Options

If you want to know if you are ovulating, you need to be temping. Your temp rise will confirm ovulation withing 48 hours of a positive opk.

Stop spending money of clearblue. Buy Wondfo from Amazon.

If you dont have time, or cant remember to temp every morning, try the OvWatch. Don't listen to people who tell you its BS either. I used it, and I am preggo 5 months post Depo. It works.

Most doctors wont even consider helping you at this point.

If you have ovulation pain, you are most likely ovulating. Not all women have this.

If you arent using fertilityfriend.com, I suggest you try it out. It is well worth the money. I also recommend reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility if you havent already, it will give you a much better understanding of whats going on.

Most men can have their motility checked and a sperm count easily if you have good insurance.

7 Angels in Heaven, 1 In My Arms

12/24/07 D&C (12 weeks)
    2/08 MC (5 weeks)
    5/08 PA (7 weeks)
    9/08 VTS (6 weeks)
    7/09 MC (5 weeks)
    8/10 MC (UKN)
    6/7/11 CP (UKN)

*CM PIP Girl* image
  • Options

Meh. I like the CB digital and considering all the posts I see b!tching 'is this a line? Does this mean I am ovulating??!1!' I would rather see the smile face.

All the rest of it is good advise. OP: to see an example of the + OPK and temp spike, see my ticker.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The OPKs detect the LH surge, and taking temperatures is the only indicator that actually confirms ovulation. My chart is a great example this month (yay!). If you click on it in my signature, you can see that I received a positive OPK, then my temperatures shifted to confirm that I ovulated.

DD 15.07.2012

BFP #2 01.18.2014, MMC 04.10.2014 15w5d

BFP #3 07.18.2014, MC 07.31.2014 5w6d

DX: RPL due to submucosal uterine fibroid. Hysteroscopy 12/16. All clear!

image</a

• Options

Thanks for the suggestions. So, if I decide to do the temperature thing, when would I take it? I have an irregular sleep schedule, sometimes I'm up early other days later and if that's going to affect the reading, then I need to figure out something else. 

Also, am I missing any other reasons that we might not be getting pregnant? For example, if OPK is smiley and sperm is adequate, is there another reason things aren't working? 

I get more and more irritated when my friends are getting pregnant by accident because I don't think you should have to try....  :(

Trying to Conceive Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"