Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Hair falling out!

Ever since I stopped taking my prenatal/postnatal vitamins my hair is falling out like CRAZY! It's driving me insane!! Anyone have any tips on how to stop this?? I don't want to start up the vitamins again if it will mean I will become more fertile (although I am taking BC). Advice welcome!
Bria - Born 7/20/2011 - 2 yrs old

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hair falling out!

• My hair is falling out too. I hear it is very normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As PP said, this is normal. There is nothing you can do except get a decent brush and use it. Sorry!
  • Loading the player...
  • The vitamins don't make you more fertile, they are just vitamins. My hair is falling out too, it's just a part of post pregnancy- your hair gets thicker when you are pregnant and then falls out afterwards. 
    imageimage
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a huge problem with hair falling out with my first and apparently its worse when bf which I was. From what Ive been told your body keeps more hair when pregnant.
  • okay thanks everyone.

i knew it was normal, which is why i figured someone would know some sort of trick or solution to stop it. oh well, guess i gatta deal. 

• calm down, it has nothing to do with your vitamins. it is very normal postpartum.
  • imageFlashMeyer:
    calm down, it has nothing to do with your vitamins. it is very normal postpartum.

not freaking out. just asking a question. that's what the bump is for right?

• Ugh! It's been one of my least favorite post pg things. I've actually developed a thin spot along my hairline. Sad H didn't believe me until I showed him the clump I pulled out of the drain after my shower. Gross!
  • imageSarahRae812:
    Ugh! It's been one of my least favorite post pg things. I've actually developed a thin spot along my hairline. Sad H didn't believe me until I showed him the clump I pulled out of the drain after my shower. Gross!

thank you for relating! i know its normal but can't we complain about it for a sec? lol

our shower drain is pretty clogged too and i hate it. glad i'm not the only one who is a little irked about it. 

• The only pg I didn't lose a ton of hair after was my second and that was because I was pg again at 11 wks pp :S. I have to clear the drain twice in a 15 minute shower. UGH!!!
  • The vitamin/supplement "Biotin" helps! I was taking this before I got pregnant to strengthen and help hair growth and I started back up again when my hair began to fall out. I know it's normal, but it sure doesn't seem normal in the moment!! haha

I've been back on my regular daily vitamins and Biotin (NOT prenatals) for about 1 1/2 mos. and I notice it's getting better, whether it just be from time or the vitamins... I figure it's worth a try! :)

Merry Christmas image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I feel your pain!  It's crazy how much hair I'm losing.  I'm a hairdresser and can tell you that there is no magical thing you can do to make it better.  Just time unfortunately.  Ha g in there! It will stop eventually!
  • imageSarahRae812:
    Ugh! It's been one of my least favorite post pg things. I've actually developed a thin spot along my hairline. Sad H didn't believe me until I showed him the clump I pulled out of the drain after my shower. Gross!

This exactly! I feel like I'm going bald!

• I'm sorry but I actually laughed out loud at this. First, your vitamins don't make you more fertile. That's the part that made me giggle the most.

Second, it's not due to the vitamins that you are losing your hair. During pregnancy your hormones kept your normal amount of hair from falling out, giving you that thick lustrous look. Now that the hormones are trying to regulate back you're losing all that hair you would have, you're just doing it all at once. We're all in the same boat with you. I swear I keep expecting to find a bald spot and hope it evens itself out soon.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I was going to post about how long this lasts today, too.  I have all the bumpies beat with how much hair I'm losing per day.  It's been almost 2 months that it's been falling out.  It takes me 15 minutes just to de-fur in the shower making my time in the shower twice as long.  I'm really starting to get nervous about the amount that is falling out every day.  I know it's normal, but I really don't think I had this much hair while I was pregnant!

Anniversary

• I pretty much thought I was going bald after I had my first. lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"