1st Trimester

Week12 and have the flu, what can i take?

I am so congested i can barely breathe.  My doctors sheet of OK to use had afrin nasal spray and benadryl.  Anyone else use those?  what has your doctor said?

Re: Week12 and have the flu, what can i take?

• I just got over a terrible cold/ear infection.

I know they say its okay to take plain tylenol, i took some vitamin c supplements (not too much)  had some hot tea with honey and lemon, i also drank tons of oj.

If your md says its okay, then i would feel comfortable using these meds.

Hope you feel better soon! its miserable!

• I know Afrin is ok but try to use sparingly and not for many days in a row. Check your doc on that but I remember them saying ok in moderation when I was pg before. You could also take tylenol and Robitussin DM. Web MD said these are ok:

Cold and Flu

Tylenol (acetaminophen) or Tylenol Cold
    Warm salt/water gargle
    Saline nasal drops or spray

Sudafed, Actifed, Dristan, Neosynephrine*

Robitussin DM, Trind-DM, Vicks Cough Syrup, Romilar, Halls*

*Do not take "SA" (sustained action) forms of these drugs or the "Multi-Symptom" forms of these drugs.

IUI #5 50 mg clomid + ovidrel + IUI 10/15 = BFP

Beta #1 27 (13 dpo) Beta #2 143 (16 dpo) Beta #3 436 (19 dpo) Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • tylenol for fever, body aches

SinuRinse for nasal congestion...its the best! I wasn't a believer until I tried it myself and it is amazing. Its by Neil Med. I got it as a sample at a conference, but i've seen it at walgreens, CVS, etc.

Hope you feel better!

PS- just out of curiosity did you get a flu shot? Im still debating if Im going to get one.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My Dr. is at Vanderbilt and they said its ok to take Tylonal, Tylonal Allergy and Sinus, or Sudafed. I have a crazy bad cold and have been dong Tylonal for my head ache and Sudafed for congestion. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did your OB's office give you an informational packet when you went for your initial appt? Usually they have a list of the meds you can and can't take while preggo in there. Hope you feel better!
  • be careful with Afrin. It can make you more stuffed up than before and hell to get off.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Thanks Ladies.  The list I got had afrin and benadryl for cold and congestion.  I have taken afrin only at night to go to sleep.  I have taken less than the normal dose too.  It makes me nervous but im dreading being up all night.  It said sudafed was ok after 1st trimester but im at 12 and half weeks and dont want to risk it.  Seems like a lot of people dont think afrin is safe though....

I have never gotten the flu shot in the past but I plan to, my doctor recommended it.  I am going to wait a few weeks though, I want to be into my second trimsester to be safe.

• Hi!

I just got over the flu. I also had a really bad sinus infection.  I tried to beat it on my own, but it didn't go so well.  I ended up going to the doctors.  They gave me amoxicillin for my sinus infection and  I was also told that basic tylenol is ok to take.  I am really healthy and wanted to do everything naturally, but it was taking so much energy out of me that I ended up exhausted!  I hope you feel better soon, but if not, I would go see a doctor to be safe. 

Take care :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"