1st Trimester
Options

Am I normal?

So we just found out that we are pregnant.  Between my husband and I, he's always been more excited about the idea of having a baby.  I've been on the fence.  Mainly because I'm scared of being pregnant.  I'm afraid of something being wrong with the baby, of pushing the baby out...what if I'm not a good mom...all that stuff.

So here I am, six am on a Saturday morning, not sleeping because I'm so scared. 40 more weeks of this???  

Is every person here super excited to be pregnant?   I'm not.  I wish I could just know that everything was fine and jump to the part where the baby is here: happy and healthy.  I'm not good at this waiting stuff...and the unknown..I'm freaked out.  

Am I the only person that feels this way?

Re: Am I normal?

• Options
    I am excited to be pregnant but at that same time worry a little bit.  The worry doesn't consume me though.  I think as time progresses you will feel more at ease.  I know the first trimester can make you more nervous.  Congrats!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options

You are a freak, everyone is supposed to be excited and perfectly calm!

Seriously though, I had a time around 8ish weeks where I just sat on the floor and burst into tears because I "actually have to push this baby out!!!111!!"" DH looked at me like I had 6 heads. lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I am super excited to be having a baby but im terrified of having a complication since that kind of runs in my family. My mom lost twins and im so nervous that we arent even telling family til after the first ultrasound. My husband is calm about the pregnancy and terrified about being a parent, im the complete opposite. I cant tell you it gets better cuz i have no idea just that talking about it helps. Im only 6wks and ive already had meltdowns about not being prepared lol its ok to freak out!
  • Options

I freak out that I'm too selfish to be a mother, that I'll have a healthy pregnancy with a child that has some kind of genetic issue, that by not avoiding all the bad stuff/getting all the good stuff, I'm ruining my baby's potential to be an Einstein...

I mean, we be crazy.  I think that's why they have so many tests now to try to ease our mind.  I'm hoping I'll be less neurotic after our 1st dr. visit.

• Options
    I'm terrified! Especially since my husband will be deployed for the entire pregnancy, and if the due date they gave me at the clinic is correct (which I don't think it is) he won't be here for the delivery either. I think it's normal to be scared.
  • Options
    Our pregnancy wasn't really planned, so I am definitely freaking out a bit.  We're excited, but the unknown is just scary.  I'm only 5 weeks, and my first appointment isn't for another 2 weeks.  That wait just seems like it's forever away!  And I too worry about what if something is wrong, what if we're not good parents, etc.  I guess we'll just learn along the way!
    BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

JWiety:

I can totally empathize with you.  We were trying, but this is a surprise!  In October, we really weren't trying...and BAM!  we get pregnant.  

To be honest, I'm so depressed right now. I've always been scared of being pregnant, ever since I was a teen.  I just fear the body changes, pushing the baby out, pain, and then being responsible for a kid!  

I feel this pressure to be excited about this, but I'm not.  Don't get me wrong, I'm doing this.  We will do testing this trimester...and if things are normal...we are doing this.  It's the waiting that's making me bonkers.  I'm falling apart over here.  

• Options
    imageGhostMonkey:

LOL- 40 weeks of this. Many years is more like it.

And your feelings are totally normal. Even after years of trying I was still freaked out when it worked.

ETA: The biggest thing that helped me was information. For the labor concerns, even if you have no intention going med free, take a birthing class (not a preachy one if you can find one). Look for a Prepared Childbirth class that is more inclusive and cover not only med free preparation, but also cover your options for meds as well. Ours even went through c-section basics.

And call your doctor with questions. They have heard it all before and if they are a good office, they will understand that you will have concerns. See if they have an e-mail you can send questions to. Sometimes that is easier than calling and trying to keep your thoughts collected when you think you are asking something ridiculous.

All of this. Trust me, the worry does not go away when they are born. It does feel better that they are out and you can see them, but the worry and fear of something happening never goes away.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"