May 2012 Moms

Grossed out by Meat

Is anyone else just digusted by meat in general?

I am from Maryland and a big seafood eater and it all just grosses me out now.  Not just seafood but seafood in particular.

IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Grossed out by Meat

• Interesting-- I've been just the opposite.  I'm usually mostly vegetarian, and all I've wanted since becoming pregnant is salt.  My sweet tooth completely disappeared (I used to be able to live on ice cream and cupcakes), and even meat sounds good to me now.  As long as it's salty, I'm game.

These food cravings/aversions are so bizarre! 

• Even thinking about red meat is enough to make me want to throw up.  Sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I am in the same boat.  I love meat and fish, but have not wanted either since being pregnant.  My body will only let me have a couple of bites before I can't even put in anymore.  I am hoping it gets better soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Usually I love steak and now I can't stand the smell or the sight of it. All I want is seafood when normally I don't much care for it. Seriously, fish sticks have been the best meal for me in the last few weeks. Complete with katchup and macaroni and cheese. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Glad I am not alone.  I never liked sweets before but now I am all over them.  I had to cut a pork tenderloin tonight and I almost lost it.  Just the smell of meat is awful.  I might go make some french toast. Big Smile
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • At first I craved rare steak, but then it changed. I am SO not into meat now. Raw meat repulses me and I only eat a few bites of the cooked meat with dinner. The problem is, if I don't eat enough meat/protein I get sick. It's tough!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I haven't been able to even think about eating red meat or fish for the last two months. I shudder to think about chicken, but it has been tolerable in some cases. I usually just like eating vegetables, cheese, fruit or bread.
  • Can't get enough red meat (which is good because I need the iron). Chicken and poultry on the other hand? BLECH! The only chicken I can eat are boneless wings LOL.

--Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I completely agree! I am so frustrated because I feel like all I can eat are carbs because everything else grosses me out. Meat is sooo disgusting and I normally love rare steaks. I even tried to eat vegetable beef soup but something about the liquid and solids floating around....uugghh gross. I just want to be able to eat without getting so frustrated. Good luck ladies!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've actually heard this is relatively common.  I'm a little iffy on it as well, but I've never really been a big meat eater.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • This is the first week I've been able to even LOOK at meat. I've only eaten chicken so far (again just this week, and only once). Lots of soup, veggies, bruchetta, cereal etc
    angel nicknamed Blue Sunday- lost at 18w6d to trisomy 18 1/4/2012 Liz and Chris. Married 5 years 9/1/2011 :) Deployment survivor :) PAL/PgAL welcome
  • Yes, I went though this for a couple weeks, so annoying. You can still get protein other ways dairy, beans, peanut butter, eggs, protein bars.

It will soon go away!

• imageRhodyMomToBe:
    Even thinking about red meat is enough to make me want to throw up.  Sad

Same, but with chicken.  I can't even *think* of chicken without gaging.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"