2nd Trimester

Pack n' play

I would like to buy a pack in play for our bedroom that LO can sleep in for the first couple of months.  Baby Bargains, said that was the best option over a bassinet.  So my question is, which one is everyone getting, there are sooo many and I want whichever is best for baby to sleep in. I'm a FTM so  any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Pack n' play

• I'm a FTM, too but we're registered for the Graco Moderne pack n play.  It has its own bassinet accessory that baby will sleep in for a short time in our bedroom. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a first-timer, too... We ended up getting the Graco Pack N Play with Newborn Napper (a bassinet attachment) in 'Classic Pooh', for the same reason.

I really like it, so far -- obviously, haven't put the LO in it yet, but it's very sturdy construction and combines stability and portability very well!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would recommend getting a Graco PNP.  They are quick and easy to set up and take down and they fold compactly for storage or travel.  We have this Graco Silhouette and I really like it.  I think the pattern was discontinued so it's a great deal now, the original price was around $180.  The raised changer is easy on your back and it's sturdier than others so there isn't a problem with tipping.  DS slept in the bassinet part for the first 4 months and it worked really well.  I was able to get the bassinet attachment in the storage bag too even though it doesn't say so in the instructions.

I would avoid the ones like this that have a newborn napper or cuddle cove on top next to the changer.  It's pointless since the ones that have them also have the raised bassinet underneath which has the same weight limit and serves the same purpose.  It's just an extra piece you don't need and will have to store after the baby outgrows it.  Some SIDS concerns have been raised over them too.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

med-free birth x2, breastfeeding, baby wearing SAHM
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My BFP Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You don't need to get the ones with a newborn napper or anything in it (they won't use it for long).  Most of them have a basinet level that is higher that you can remove when the baby starts sitting up.  However, I would invest in one with a little better diaper changer on it, because the cheaper ones won't hold a heavier baby.  My 11 month old is 20lbs and I can still change her on my changer, but the cheaper ones slumps to the side a bit so I can't.  Here's the model I have the I would recommend:

https://www.gracobaby.com/Catalog/Pages/ProductListingPage.aspx?catID=10:43||1&subCatID=11:4294959775||1&pID=10434:4294959543||1

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a FTM too but I registered for the Graco Pack n' Play that has the infant napper.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have heard great things about Fisher Price Newborn Rock N' Play Sleeper. It's a nice size to place by the bed for night time feedings. Does any one have one? 
  • Don't think the more expensive ones are better.  We didn't use all those extra functions.  My son hated the vibration function, and the repetitive music function drove me nuts.  Just get the color and design that you like within your budget.  
    m/c - Dec 2005, DS - March 27, 2007, m/c - Oct 2009, DD - Feb 20, 2012

Proud mother of two breech babies:)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • And just FYI, the full size Pack 'N Plays do not fit through a standard door opening. A lot of people don't like that. They're easy enough to collapse, so that doesn't bother me, but a lot of people dislike it, so if you're planning on moving it frequently, you may want to consider a bassinet instead.

• I totally agree if you have one, you do not need a bassinet. We used the Graco with the newborn napper for DD for MONTHS probably about 4 months she still slept in there (she was a little peanut though). I am planning on doing the same for this lo

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"