1st Trimester

Patience is NOT one of my strengths.. :(

I am so impatient. I really want to get in and see the doctor. I see so many women on here that have had early u/s and am wondering how or why you got one. My first two I had early u/s but now the dr. insists there is no reason and says that she won't see me till I am 10 weeks. That seems like forever...
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Patience is NOT one of my strengths.. :(

• I think I was able to get in at my OB early because I'm having twins, but in a previous pregnancy I simply called my OB and told them that I insisted on an appointment. They gave me one. If they hadn't I would've found another doctor.
  • Are you set on your particular doctor?  Mine scheduled me at 7 weeks, 3 days without me requesting anything early.  Maybe it just depends on the office?

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • 3 miscarriages get me in early.  "Lucky" me. 
    ds #1 | our perfect miracle born 39w1d | 12.9.2009 loss #1 | natural m/c 7/2010 (~8w) loss #2 | chemical pregnancy 6/2011 (4w4d) loss #3 | chemical pregnancy 7/2011 (4w3d) loss #4 | natural m/c 11/2011 (10w1d) RPL Testing 12/2011. Results 100% normal. ds #2 | our 2nd perfect miracle born 36w3d | 12.31.2012
  • I went in to take a pee test Oct. 7th, and the cnm congratulated me and talked to me for a little bIt. Earlier last week I was having really bad cramps and sharp pains on one side, they wanted to be sure it wasn't tubal and did a us at 6w and 5d. (Found out everything was ok)  I had blood work done last week two days later but I don't have my 'exam' until I am 10 weeks.

• My first 'exam' won't be until 9 weeks. I had blood work done at 5 weeks, then I went in for a medical history of myself this past Monday. Most offices I know of won't bring you in early unless you're a high risk or theres a problem between now and your first appointment.

I know patience isn't a virtue for you (and it certainly isn't one of my strong points, either!) but remember that waiting for this appointment is going to be NOTHING compared to waiting for your LO to come out starting around 37/38 weeks when you feel you've been pregnant forever. And just hope it doesn't go 2 weeks late! 

• This is going to be a long pregnancy if this is the case.
  • Unless you are high risk, have pain or spotting, or had prior miscarriages, there is no reason to have early scans.

Many insurances don't cover early visits unless there is cause for one and many doctors won't see patients until they reach a certain point.  It is easier to determine the health of the pregnancy and date it when you are past 10 weeks.

Our baby boy,Logan, was born still at 19w3d on 7/1/2011
    Our 2nd baby boy, Mason, was born still at 20w3d on 1/31/2012

After a much needed sanity break... we are praying for our rainbows

((BFP 7/29/13))  ((EDD 4/12/14))  It's BOY/GIRL twins!!!

• With my last pregnancy the OB's receptionist scheduled me for an u/s at 5 wks, 2 days.  It was way too early to see anything besides the sac and it caused me stress but also gave me false hope.  When I went back in at 8 wks, 2 days, it was clear I had a blighted ovum.  Therefore, when I got my BFP this time, I wanted to wait until there should be a heartbeat to have an u/s, and I'm so glad I did.  My OB traditionally does an initial appt between 6-8 weeks, and I did my appt at 7 wks, 1 day.  I just called and asked for a specific date for my appt and they agreed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it's better to wait till your 10 weeks.  I had an early check up at 4 weeks (without an ultrasound) just to make sure i'm healthy.  The Dr. said that before 8 to 10 weeks it's hard to hear a heartbeat or see anything.  I elected to get mine done at 10 weeks and we actually saw everything!! Even the baby's arms and legs moving.  And heard a very strong heartbeat.  So be patient, it'll be worth it :)
  • Sorry I meant to say I had an early check up at 6 weeks.
  • This is my 3rd and I guess I just didn't expect his because I had two early u/s with the other ones. I am not 100% certain when I concieved or ovluated. We weren't trying so I would like to confirm how far along I was. Also, I have other factors that are gnawing at me.. I am 35, I have a blood disorder (it affects me more then it does the baby) and twins run in my family. I would feel more peaceful just to confirm that there was one baby, a healthy heartbeat... etc etc. I can wait till I am 7 weeks but the doctors office is looking more at mid december for my first appt. I am in a small community and don't have a lot of options. I am looking into another doctor.I guess we will see.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I called my doctor on the 24th of October and my first appointment is not until the 15th.  I certainly hope he does an u/s.  I want to get a couple extra copies of the print (if he will allow me to) so I can incorporate them into the way I tell our parents. I am holding off on announcing anything until after the appointment and the wait is killing me!!!!!!!
    My Running Blog!

2012: Running & Race Accomplishments:

2-12-12: Riverview Winter Fest 4 mile, 34:59 8:45 pace - 23 weeks pregnant
    2-29-12: Leap Year 4 mile, 36:45 9:11 pace - 25.5 weeks pregnant
    3-11-12: Corktown 5K, 28:33 9:13 pace - 27 weeks pregnant
    3-25-12: Rock CF Island Half Marathon, 2:11:03 10:00 pace - 29 weeks pregnant
    4-16-12 Boston Marathon, deferring to 2013
    8-11-12: Run thru Hell 10 mile or 4.8 mile
    9-30-12: Brooksie Way Half Marathon
    10-21-12: Grand Rapids Marathon
    11-22-12: Detroit Turkey Trot 10K

BabyFetus Ticker
  • imageallisonmarie22:
    I think I was able to get in at my OB early because I'm having twins, but in a previous pregnancy I simply called my OB and told them that I insisted on an appointment. They gave me one. If they hadn't I would've found another doctor.

But you couldn't have known you were having twins before seeing the doctor? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetwo-pink-shoes:

imageallisonmarie22:
    I think I was able to get in at my OB early because I'm having twins, but in a previous pregnancy I simply called my OB and told them that I insisted on an appointment. They gave me one. If they hadn't I would've found another doctor.

Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. 

• imagetwo-pink-shoes:

imageallisonmarie22:

I had IVF. My RE did an ultrasound before releasing me to my regular OB.

• OP, I totally feel your pain.  I have to wait until 10 weeks for my first appointment too.  It seems like the longest wait ever!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

*Proud Air Force Wife*

"I'll love you forever,
    I'll like you for always.
    As long as I'm living,
    my baby you'll be."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"