Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Johnson and Johnson

I will no longer use this product. Some of their products contain carcinogens that have been linked to cancer. I am not only not using their product because there product "might" cause cancer but for the fact they are being so irresponsible about it

https://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/01/group-says-carcinogens-exist-in-popular-baby-shampoo/
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Johnson and Johnson

• Options

I can understand why you would be upset about how they are handling it. But honestly? A lot of things are "known to cause cancer" or "might cause cancer" now a days. That disclaimer has to be put on a variety of things now because everyone and their brother can and will sue. 

• Options
    imageSean+Lyss:

I can understand why you would be upset about how they are handling it. But honestly? A lot of things are "known to cause cancer" or "might cause cancer" now a days. That disclaimer has to be put on a variety of things now because everyone and their brother can and will sue. 

This!!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageHope2Have:
    imageSean+Lyss:

This!!

This!

• Options

Ditto PP. I think everything has a cancer warning.

That and why is this story all over the Bump again. It's been circulating for years.

• Options
    imageAmandaP678:
    imageHope2Have:
    imageSean+Lyss:

This!!

This!

THIS!

If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    YAY! I figured I would get flamed for saying that....lol. Seriously though, so thankful to have others who think the same way.
  • Options
    We never have used them simply because of the high chemical content and a history of sensitive skin, but lots of products can possibly cause cancer.  The one that makes me laugh is ketchup.  You see, tomatoes are a cancer-fighter, but in a high enough consumption ketchup can actually cause cancer.  We're talking gallons a day of ketchup, but still it could potentially cause cancer.  
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

I'm a pretty earthy crunch gal.  I use CA baby on Gabe.  But, that is just because it is ff and he has sensitive skin.  I used all of his J&J stuff on myself.  Baby shampoo makes great face wash. 

Lots of stuff causes cancer.  J&J on your skin for 10 seconds hardly warrants all the posts there have been about this.  I'm all for being educated and reading up on products.  But, there comes a point that it just gets tiring to do this all.the.time. 

I use lever 2000 soap. I am sure it is TERRIBLE for you. But, I'd rather have a little risk than swampy pits. 

Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Options

(in response to "why is this coming up again?")

Because there was a story on the controversy recently on Huffington Post.

I'm not angry at J&J but I will say it's enough of a put off to toss out our J&J products and switch to a less toxic brand. To each their own though.

• Options

I'm sure this is going to be unpopular...

I don't understand why any one would want to continue using J&J products on their baby knowing that there are harmful toxins in it. Especially because there are other options with ZERO harmful ingredients, that are just as easily attainable and no more difficult to use. 

• Options
    imageholocene:

I don't understand why any one would want to continue using J&J products on their baby knowing that there are harmful toxins in it. Especially because there are other options with ZERO harmful ingredients, that are just as easily attainable and no more difficult to use. 

"The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics has unsuccessfully been urging the world's largest health care company for 2 1/2 years to remove the trace amounts of potentially cancer-causing chemicals ? dioxane and a substance called quaternium-15 that releases formaldehyde ? from Johnson's Baby Shampoo, one of its signature products."

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/01/group-says-carcinogens-exist-in-popular-baby-shampoo/#ixzz1cfOIeKQh

And I don't understand why people are getting all up in arms about "trace amounts" and "potentially."  

• Options
    imageSean+Lyss:
    imageholocene:

"The Campaign for Safe Cosmetics has unsuccessfully been urging the world's largest health care company for 2 1/2 years to remove the trace amounts of potentially cancer-causing chemicals ? dioxane and a substance called quaternium-15 that releases formaldehyde ? from Johnson's Baby Shampoo, one of its signature products."

Read more: https://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/01/group-says-carcinogens-exist-in-popular-baby-shampoo/#ixzz1cfOIeKQh

And I don't understand why people are getting all up in arms about "trace amounts" and "potentially."  

I have done all the reading.

What I am saying is, if there is another option with absolutely no trace of chemicals/harmful substances, why is that not the first choice?

Is it because J&J and other similar brands have been around for decades? 
    It baffles me that mothers are choosing products with chemicals (even if it is only a tiny amount) over products with no chemicals at all. 

• Options
    imageholocene:
    imageSean+Lyss:
    imageholocene:

I have done all the reading.

What I am saying is, if there is another option with absolutely no trace of chemicals/harmful substances, why is that not the first choice?

Is it because J&J and other similar brands have been around for decades? 
    It baffles me that mothers are choosing products with chemicals (even if it is only a tiny amount) over products with no chemicals at all. 

Mothers choose it because it's CHEAP, and because they justify it with all the excuses you've seen posted here. Even though I registered (thoughtfully) for all CA baby products, I was pretty annoyed when I was gifted J&J products. They all went in the trash, I wouldn't even regift that crap because I legitimately believe it's dangerous. For how many years did cigarette packages warn "may cause cancer"?? Usually the dangers of chemicals are UNDER exaggerated, if not outright misunderstood for years before the true risk involved is fully understood, case in point, BPA. BPA a now KNOWN carcinogen was allowed in consumer products for WAY too long before taken off the shelves. I am disappointed to see so many moms take this so lightly. Usually where there's smoke there's fire... why play russian roulette with your precious baby?! There are natural, healthy alternatives. Yeah, they might be a little more costly but cut out a starbucks here or there and prioritize your baby's health. For the record, a colleague of mine just removed a precancerous lesion off a 7 mos olds head, no joke. Guess what kind of bath products mom used? J&J. True story.

• Options
    I actually can't get over this.
  • Options
    imageholocene:

Agree 100%. If there is a safer option why wouldn't you use it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was gifted J&J products and Angel of Mine. I tossed the head to toe body wash and the shampoo as those were my only ones that had that chemical in it. None of the Angel of Mine did. Just FYI
  • Options
    what are the safer brands of bath products then???? i hear everyone saying there are safer options, but no one gives names
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image. image. image
  • Options

imageBridezilla to be:
    what are the safer brands of bath products then???? i hear everyone saying there are safer options, but no one gives names

I'd like to know the safer brands as well! Also, what is the specific toxins that are being referred to, so I can look for it? Just interested in staying informed! 

Merry Christmas image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Sorry, the carcinogens are:
    Dioxane

Quaternium-15

But still interested in the safer baby product brands!
    Thank you! 

Merry Christmas image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Ca baby is the safer brand. I agree regarding using natural products.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"