1st Trimester

Totally freaking out right now

So... it's 9pm just got out of a nice relaxing bath... went to the washroom and (sorry tmi) when I wiped I saw very light pink spotting... Confused  I haven't been having any cramps in my lower abdomen, no back pain...nothing out of the ordinary to lead me to think that this is a bad sign.  But honestly, I just can't help thinking the worst... even though I know that spotting can also be a normal sympton in early PG.

My first appt. with my OB is on the 11th of November because they're just that booked...so I don't even think I'd be able to squeeze in earlier than that. 

Totally panicking right now, and was hoping to hear some words of encouragement... Thanks for letting me get this out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Totally freaking out right now

• Give them a call tomorrow just to be sure. Most doctors who are "fully booked" really keep a couple open appointment slots for urgent issues, especially OBs.

Good luck. Keep us posted. 

• I agree... I would call the doctor tomorrow. They should be able to get you in right away just to make sure your HGC levels are increasing like they should. As of right now, I know this is easier said than done, but I would lay down and try to relax. Spotting is normal, so hopefully your little June Bug is just giving you a run for your money from the very beginning. Good luck and keep us posted!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Honestly, you probably wouldn't get an appointment any sooner just for light pink spotting because it's pretty common and you don't have any accompanying symptoms. I had bright red blood, not just spotting and it was still fine, saw the baby and heartbeat, no worries.

Just watch for other symptoms and keep note of how long you have the spotting.

Good luck! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageallisonmarie22:

Give them a call tomorrow just to be sure. Most doctors who are "fully booked" really keep a couple open appointment slots for urgent issues, especially OBs.

This 

• imageallisonmarie22:

Give them a call tomorrow just to be sure. Most doctors who are "fully booked" really keep a couple open appointment slots for urgent issues, especially OBs.

This 

• From what I've been reading a little pink is not too concerning especially this early. Call anyways and see if you can get in just to feel better, but if there is no more spotting or bleeding and no pain you are probably fine.

That being said I can totally understand where you are coming from and I would probably be the same way. That is our irrational pregnancy brain at work Wink

HUGS and good luck

• Thanks ladies... I know it's just my over-thinking that's got me all worried... so i'm going to just try and relax and give the doc a call tomorrow morning.  Thank you for listening. Smile
  • I agree that you should try giving them a call tomorrow. A little light pink spotting is supposed to be normal, but if it gets darker and sticks around, I would go to the ER. Try not to stress, though. Your baby is probably totally fine. =) I'll keep you in my thoughts! Keep us posted! 
  • I had some light pink spotting a couple times in early PG before I knew I was PG. Once I took a test and found out, I called the doc and told them I had spotting before I knew I was PG. They bumped me up on the appointment list just to make sure everything was ok. Everything was ok. Most likely, you have nothing to worry about, but wouldn't hurt to call the doc. That way, they may be able to see you earlier.
  • I had quite a bit of spotting at 8 weeks along with cramps down low.  I talked to my doctor and had an emergency ultrasound.  Everything was fine!  I got to see my baby and the heart beat.  They said it was stretching and nothing to worry about.  I know how scary it can be, but I was told that unless it is really bad spotting and cramps to one side or the other, it's pretty normal.  I hope everything goes well for you! Just remember to relax for your baby :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"