December 2011 Moms

omg... pelvic pain!

If I'm sitting/lying down, I feel fine, but when I go to stand up I have to stay hunched over for a good three seconds before I can straighten myself out from the hips up. Is anyone else experiencing this?  Does it go away (before the baby is born!)?  If this keeps up I'm going to go nuts! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: omg... pelvic pain!

• Mine is worst on the left side, and makes it hard to get dressed, roll over in bed, etc. Basically, my left leg can't balance or push off. SUCKS.
  • That sounds more to me like sciatic nerve pain, is that possible?  I had that earlier on in my pregnancy but when I stopped working, it went away... I almost want to say this is worst than what I went through with the sciatic nerve.. Probably only because I'm dealing with it now lol. I don't find the pain favors any side, it feels like my actual pelvis is splitting in two or being squeezed and I know this is probably somewhat normal because things in the downstairs region are supposed to expand and what-not, but holy crappp this sucks I'm walking like the lone ranger in his 80's after an 18 hour horseback ride.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah, it's not really sciatic - it's like I did a bazillion squats, but only on one leg. All the pain is in my crotch, but only really on the left side (the right side is sore, but not nearly as bad). It's more likely that the left side is tired of overcompensating for my right foot; I've had a bad case of plantar fasciitis for the past two months.
  • So do ya think we're stuck with this? Or should it go away prior to labour?  

• imageAPitBull&ABaby:

So do ya think we're stuck with this? Or should it go away prior to labour?  

Man, I hope it goes away. Or at least gets better. But every "helpful" parent out there like to remind me how uncomfortable I must be, so I'm getting the feeling we're stuck with it. :) My solution - if lying down feels good, don't get up. ;)

• haha.  I'm also going through what everyone likes to call the "nesting" period, so I'm always wanting to go, it makes it extra difficult... Im going to have to find time consuming sit on yer butt crafts to curb my nesting cravings!
  • Yep and worse on left side as that's where babe always hangs out. My back kills too
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageAPitBull&ABaby:

So do ya think we're stuck with this? Or should it go away prior to labour?  

I think it will only get worse lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • its amazing how every pregnancy is different! this is my third and I dont remember all this pain! For me it burns to lay on my side. I'll get home from work and want to lay down and relax...yeah right! It hurts so bad it burns! like you said I know we are stretching and stuff but man! We have a little love seat in my bedroom so I switch it off, (I stuffed a queen size comforter into a pillow case for between my legs! lol) so I go from TRYING to sleep on my left side to the right side, stack up a bunch of pillows and lay on my back and when all else fails I just go to the couch :(
  • LOL I walk like a pregnant mummy, when I wake up to go potty at night, I see my shadow infront of me and it creeps me out!! How crazy am I??  LOL!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"