Babies: 0 - 3 Months

If you EBF... Period question. Come in

If you are EBF when did you get your first pp period? What are you using for back up bc?

Re: If you EBF... Period question. Come in

• I haven't gotten my period yet. With DD I didn't get my period for 7 months!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I nursed DD for 14 months, and didn't get my period the entire time. I didn't use any bc and didn't get pregnant either. Of course, I don't want to chance it right now but I'm only 2 weeks PP and have to start rethinking what I'm going to do about BC
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is 9 weeks and I havent had one yet
  • with DD i didn't get it until 9 months pp.....i am hoping for at least that long this time.  we used condoms and will again, i am not willing to risk losing my supply by taking the mini pill and i am against IUD's.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • I have been EBF for 3 months now and still not period. We are using condoms. My OBS recommended me not to use pills or other BC since the milk supply would be affected by them. I will go on pills once I stop breastfeeding.

Mummy to 2 wonderful children
    Noah (2011) & Lily (2014)
  • With DD, I went 9 months p.p. without my period (it was glorious!) EBF-ing.  I expect another long vacation from AF again...  I went on mini-pill last time and I noticed no difference in my milk production, FWIW.
    Photobucket
    My two angels

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I am EBF and I'm one of the unlucky few...I got my period at 6 weeks PP.
  • 8 weeks pp, and so far, no period. I thought I was getting it a couple of weeks ago-had cramping and a tiny bit of spotting, but nothing else. I am getting Mirena tomorrow, so I don't know if I will get one at all.
  • I am 10 week pp and no period yet!
  • DS is 3 months old and I haven't gotten my period, yet. I had a tubal, so I'm not help with the BC :)
  • imagevoplo:
    I have been EBF for 3 months now and still not period. We are using condoms. My OBS recommended me not to use pills or other BC since the milk supply would be affected by them. I will go on pills once I stop breastfeeding.

this for me as well

Owyn Russell - August 10, 2011

Lily Ann - March 22, 2016

• imagelp46215:
    I am EBF and I'm one of the unlucky few...I got my period at 6 weeks PP.

Me too. I'm taking the mini pill. You just have to take it at the same time everyday for it to be effective so I use my iPhone alarm and I'm good to go! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"