September 2011 Moms

so i was curious

and weighed ds.  13 lbs!!!  thats almost 2.5 more than ds1 at the same age.  no wonder its getting harder to carry him around in the car seat
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: so i was curious

• I was telling my friend the other day that when you go in for your first OB appointment and they tell you that you are pregnant and need to start taking a pre-natal vitamin, they need to also tell you that you need to get a membership to the gym to lift weights. Those car seats get heavy!
  • im sure ill ditch this seat for the convertible the second he can sit on my hip well.  prob 3-4months from now.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecmoosey:

imageTheFannins729:
    im sure ill ditch this seat for the convertible the second he can sit on my hip well.  prob 3-4months from now.

My son is over 12 lbs now.  DH does not understand why I want the real stroller (just have SnG now) and don't inted to use the infant carseat for much longer.  He is too heavy!  Especially when you add in the weight of the Keyfit30. 

and now you see why so many 2nd time moms say don't get the extra weight car seats.  lol.  (not saying you didn't listen, it's just hard to understand how heavy they get until you have your baby in there!)

i highly recommend the citymini.  it's lightweight and easy to use.

• imageTheFannins729:
    imagecmoosey:

imageTheFannins729:
    im sure ill ditch this seat for the convertible the second he can sit on my hip well.  prob 3-4months from now.

My son is over 12 lbs now.  DH does not understand why I want the real stroller (just have SnG now) and don't inted to use the infant carseat for much longer.  He is too heavy!  Especially when you add in the weight of the Keyfit30. 

and now you see why so many 2nd time moms say don't get the extra weight car seats.  lol.  (not saying you didn't listen, it's just hard to understand how heavy they get until you have your baby in there!)

i highly recommend the citymini.  it's lightweight and easy to use.

So true! This time I didn't even get the infant car seat. I went straight for the convertible.

• Yeah, B is almost 12 pounds and it definitely shows in the infant seat when I have to get it in and out of my SUV and carry it around. That shiit is tiring man.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I keep telling DH it should be a requirement to gain arm muscle before getting pregnant. These are the things people need to be warned about. 
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Tell me about it.  LO weighed 10 lbs at his last check up a week ago and he was only 1 month old.  DS#1 didn't weigh 10 lbs until he was almost 4 months old.  Granted LO was born at 8 lbs 8 oz and DS#1 at 6 lbs 3 oz...but still!?!  I think I am just producing milk like a cowWink
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I felt my left arm was sore the other day and couldn't figure out why, until I left the house again and picked up the car seat! I'm getting a work out for sure! DS turned 7 weeks on Monday and DH weighed him, said it was 13.6 pounds! I don't know how accurate it was but we have a Dr's appointment at 8 weeks and can't wait to see what their scale says. He is a big boy for sure
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My son was 12 pounds at 5 weeks old. I'm in trouble in a few months. Haha
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagealstumb@gmail.com:
    My son was 12 pounds at 5 weeks old. I'm in trouble in a few months. Haha

correction.  teenage years.  my boys are going to need their own fridge I think.

• imageTheFannins729:

imagealstumb@gmail.com:

correction.  teenage years.  my boys are going to need their own fridge I think.

No joke. With as much as my toddler can put away now, I fear the teenage years with 2 boys. Better start extreme couponing now... :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMereou12:
    imageTheFannins729:

imagealstumb@gmail.com:

No joke. With as much as my toddler can put away now, I fear the teenage years with 2 boys. Better start extreme couponing now... :P

i kid you not i told my mom not to bother contributing to their college funds and to save up money for the food fund instead.  

• imageTheFannins729:
    imageMereou12:
    imageTheFannins729:

imagealstumb@gmail.com:

i kid you not i told my mom not to bother contributing to their college funds and to save up money for the food fund instead.  

I'm with you guys on this one.  K eats as much as I do ... and with H solidly in 3-6 month clothes and still insisting she needs to eat every 1.5 to 2 hours, I think she might join him.

• I have a 15 year old boy. Just to prepare you, this kid will sit down with a box of cereal and a gallon of milk, and not stand up again until both are gone. I am not kidding. I have seen him eat three packages of Ramen Noodles as a "snack", and then down a steak, baked potato, green beans, half a loaf of bread and two apples for dinner...20 minuets later! He is 6 feet tall and weighs maybe 140 lbs. For years I tried to keep cheap junk food (like Ramen) out of my house, but it's the only way I have found to prevent him from eating a $7 brick of cheese and $8 worth of ham (intended for a weeks worth of my lunch) in a single sitting. When we go out to eat he will finish everything on his plate and then start eyeballing mine, or his sisters... "Hey, you gonna eat that?" 

"Yes, I am."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Oh. So...can I order another entree?"  

• imageCorbin30:

I have a 15 year old boy. Just to prepare you, this kid will sit down with a box of cereal and a gallon of milk, and not stand up again until both are gone. I am not kidding. I have seen him eat three packages of Ramen Noodles as a "snack", and then down a steak, baked potato, green beans, half a loaf of bread and two apples for dinner...20 minuets later! He is 6 feet tall and weighs maybe 140 lbs. For years I tried to keep cheap junk food (like Ramen) out of my house, but it's the only way I have found to prevent him from eating a $7 brick of cheese and $8 worth of ham (intended for a weeks worth of my lunch) in a single sitting. When we go out to eat he will finish everything on his plate and then start eyeballing mine, or his sisters... "Hey, you gonna eat that?" 

"Yes, I am."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

This sounds like my brothers! My mom had to grocery shop daily for our dinner because the boys would eat everything in one day if she didn't. At one point I would hide food from them just so I would have snacks! I remember my mom buying ramen and mac n/ cheese by the case.

• yeah, my brother is 9 years younger than me.  you aren't telling me anything i don't already know.
  • We are at 15.5lbs at 9weeks :S  Not as heavy as my DH was tho, he was over 16 at 6 weeks!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You guys are scaring me with the teenage boy food posts.  Although I should know this already from stories from DH about him and his brother.  But at 3 years old, sometimes I don't know how DS1 survives on the little bit of food that he eats.  He's 37 inches and 34 lbs but sometimes I swear he goes through a day eating like 5 bites of food. 
  • imageCorbin30:

I have a 15 year old boy. Just to prepare you, this kid will sit down with a box of cereal and a gallon of milk, and not stand up again until both are gone. I am not kidding. I have seen him eat three packages of Ramen Noodles as a "snack", and then down a steak, baked potato, green beans, half a loaf of bread and two apples for dinner...20 minuets later! He is 6 feet tall and weighs maybe 140 lbs. For years I tried to keep cheap junk food (like Ramen) out of my house, but it's the only way I have found to prevent him from eating a $7 brick of cheese and $8 worth of ham (intended for a weeks worth of my lunch) in a single sitting. When we go out to eat he will finish everything on his plate and then start eyeballing mine, or his sisters... "Hey, you gonna eat that?" 

"Yes, I am."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

This is hilarious! My husband and I always joke about this because we have 4 kids now, and 3 are boys. We already order 2 pizzas now when we're out and my three older ones put it away! And we know some day it will be 4 pizzas! I think we're gonna need a couple extra refrigerators for the garage :)

Elizabeth

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"