Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Bed time habits

Milo is 8 months tomorrow and is still not near sttn.  He gets up almost every two hours at night.  Last night he was up every hour and sometimes up half an hour after I put him down.  We tried CIO and can't handle it.  He screams at the top of his lungs until he's hoarse.  I will not BF everytime he wakes and even when he does I still put him back in the crib awake and pat him to sleep.  What else can I do?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bed time habits

• Is he going to bed early enough? our baby (7 months) was waking several times until our pedi recommended an earlier bed time - went from 830 to 630, and bam, she slept until 630 the next morning, and has every night since. maybe it was just luck, but i guess i have to give our pediatrician a thumbs up for suggesting it! 
  • My friend has a DD like this.  She sleeps with her in the bed so that she can just give the LO the boob when she wakes up.  She was really against co-sleeping, but at this point it is the only thing keeping her sane.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegraciaann:
    Is he going to bed early enough? our baby (7 months) was waking several times until our pedi recommended an earlier bed time - went from 830 to 630, and bam, she slept until 630 the next morning, and has every night since. maybe it was just luck, but i guess i have to give our pediatrician a thumbs up for suggesting it! 

Yeah. I would evaluate his schedule. What kind of naps does he get? What are his eating habits like during the day? Do you have a bedtime routine?  

Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I know they "say" it doesn't work but how about a heavy food before bed.  When Madison refused to go to bed around 6 1/2 months we used an oatmeal bottle filled partially with breastmilk, oatmeal, and yogart.  She sucked it down and would be out for about 8 hours.  She then would get up, get changed and be fed then be back out for another 1-2 hours. 

This only lasted about a week and we have not had any problems since. 

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • My son is 7mth 1wk and not sttn either. He doesn't only get up  at least 2-3 times a night, but he refuses to go back to sleep even if i do go in. I've tried CIO and he just ends up screaming for hours. Even if I BF he just won't go back to sleep. Lately he's been going to bed at 8, waking up at 1130 and not going back to sleep til 2. Then he wakes up at 3 cuz he's hungry and goes right to sleep. Sleeps til 6 and won't go back to sleep. He is miserable during the day cuz he's so tired, but he doesn't take proper naps no matter how hard i try. I'm at my wits end and not sure what to do. Oh and I'm a single mom.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Have you tried having a white noise maker.  I am a mental health therapist and we have to use them in our offices in-case someone is lurking outside trying to hear what is going on.  I purchased (and took back) a number of the baby ones from the store and finally sucked it up and ordered the one we use in the office because it is so much better.  At 1030 we lay Madison down, give her a warm bottle, and turn on the white noise.  She will almost instantly fall asleep with this pattern and she sleeps 8-9 hours, gets another bottle and sleeps at least 2 more hours.  Just an idea for you:

Here is the one we have (my H and I also sleep with one):

Buy new$59.95 $54.95 ($54.95/count)

2nd EDD 02/01/13 - MC 5 1/2 weeks 6/5/12. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"