Secondary IF

2IF, BFN, and Colostrum?

Have any of you heard of BFN with colostrum leakage?  I noticed this morning before showering that I had colostrum-y discharge out of both my girls.  I took a HPT, but it was neg.  I did miss my period this month, but the pg test was neg.

Re: 2IF, BFN, and Colostrum?

• It could just be from hormone changes from the meds, but I would ask RE for a beta!
    Our Girls
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    AquinnahDori
    "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
  • I don't take any fertility meds.  I figured it was a hormone change, but caused by what?  My prolactin levels have always been normal, and I had an MRI in July that ruled out pituitary tumor.  Hmmm ...

• Loading the player...
  • I have not heard of this but like hoping4more said, you could call your doctor and request a beta.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had this happen while ttc our 2nd and the doctor said its completely normal (he also checked my prolactin which was normal as well).  The nurse did mention that you shouldn't stimulate the nipples to prevent the prolactin from rising.  HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I notice something like that on some days...not leakage but you can tell there is something there. 

I had asked my dr. about it and he did say not to stimulate it.  Said it's like "the cat that chases his own tail"...it's always there just don't make it worse.  He never went in to details about what causes it but I had done some research and do think it's due to the different hormone levels in our body.  My dr. said it was even normal to get pimples (gross) on the nipples too (about 6 years ago I had one there too and began panicking thinking the worst - it was nothing). 

But definitely ask your dr. if you are concerned...here's a link from webmd...

https://women.webmd.com/breast-nipple-discharge

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"