1st Trimester
Options

maybe I shouldn't have....

but I just watched a video of a woman receiving an epidural and now my lower back hurts. I'm so suggestible. LOL
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: maybe I shouldn't have....

• Options
    If/when you receive that epidural, it is THE BEST feeling in the world. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    yeah...I'm a little scared of needles, but I think not being able to see it being injected will help me be less afraid.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejeffnstef:
    yeah...I'm a little scared of needles, but I think not being able to see it being injected will help me be less afraid.

you will be in so much pain you wont know a needle is being injected into your back.  Best thing ever!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I hate.... DESPISE needles.  The idea of the epidural needle scared me to death but I can honestly say, it wasn't that bad when I had one with my daughter's birth 5 years ago.  I promise, it's not nearly as bad as you would think! 
  • Options
    Yeah I hate needles too, but didn't even feel my epidural going in.  Once it was in, I felt so great and no longer felt the pain.  You won't mind it at all when you're in labor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I got a little bit squeamish when I saw how BIG the needle was...but it helped that when they actually put it in I of course couldn't see it, plus I was so ready to feel some relief that I was more focused on the end result. And that sucker started working RIGHT away :-)
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageFulbri05:
    If/when you receive that epidural, it is THE BEST feeling in the world. 

YES!

If I have another epidural just like the one I had with my 2nd, I will be a happy happy mama. 

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Options
    You will not even notice the needle or the pain.  Just the amazing relief.  
  • Options
    Is it weird that I am more flipped out about a catheter than the actual epi?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagemrs+harlow:

Lol. Nope. I totally was too. With my first pregnancy it totally freaked me out and I was terrified of pulling it the wrong way. Ouch.

DC1 (2.5) | DC2 (1) | #3 due 6.1.2012
  • Options
    By the time you're ready, you won't care. I had a student give mine (!) and as he did it, he and my husband were talking about skiing. I really did not care lol.  The hardest part to me was that I was shivering so much it was hard to stay still. It's not bad!
  • Options

imagemrs+harlow:

Me too! But I did it twice already and it actually wasn't too bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"