2nd Trimester

At what point aren't you allowed to fly any longer?

I guess this is probably something I should ask my OB- but just for reference does anyone have an idea? 
My Grandmother passed away a few weeks ago and so this will be my Grandfather's 1st Christmas alone so I would like to take the kids to see him for a few days while on Xmas break.  I will be about 30wks.
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: At what point aren't you allowed to fly any longer?

• most airlines say 36 weeks.
    "Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It's hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It's round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you've got about a hundred years here. There's only one rule that I know of, babies. God damn it, you've got to be kind." - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I believe it varies by airline. I think all of them allow 30 weeks, but you need to check with them to see if you need paperwork from your doctor.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My OB office says 36 weeks for domestic and less for international.
    Pregnancy Ticker  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I would check with your OB to make sure she doesn't forsee any health problems for you to fly first. I just asked my OB and she said to make sure to check with the airlines to make sure they will let me.
    Kristin & Dave

Happy Easter

My Blog

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• My OB says 36 weeks. American Airlines will let you up to 7 days before your due date.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My OB says 32 weeks.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • My OB said 32 weeks but each airline has its own policy that may be different than the OB decree...when in doubt the OB is right.  I am sorry to learn of the loss of your grandmother.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • My doc said about 36 weeks. I looked up US Air (bc we were planning a trip) and their website said up to 7 days before labor with a doc note. I have been flying all over throughout this entire pregnancy and will be flying up till about 33 weeks bc I can't avoid it. Not sweating it much.
  • From what I know it varies slightly by airline. But they will insist you have documentation from your Dr confirming how far along you are or they will not let you on. (Sister had this happen when she was KU with #1). 
  • Check with the airline and your Dr. You can sometimes just get a Dr. note approving your ability to travel- I know that American will let you travel down to the last week with a note from you Dr.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My OB approved me to fly to Aruba at 29 weeks (coming back at 30 weeks). She said up to 32 weeks is fine.

My Colton...Growing up so fast!

And Coralee, his baby sister...On the way!

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageKriz_b:
    I would check with your OB to make sure she doesn't forsee any health problems for you to fly first. I just asked my OB and she said to make sure to check with the airlines to make sure they will let me.

Absolutely all of this. We're flying for Christmas, too; should be flying home at 34.5w. But I asked my OB before we bought the plane tickets!

Airlines, including those 'travel insurance' things, typically will NOT refund you or waive charges for a pregnancy-related cancellation or ticket change -- including childbirth!

---
    ♥ Married since June 2009 ♥
    TW: Living children & Losses:
    Mom of sons "Alpha" (Feb 2012) & "Beta" (May 2016)
    Pregnant after 4 losses via IVF/FET with daughter "Gamma" (EDD Oct 2, 2019)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"