January 2012 Moms

Slowly but surely getting around to the nursery :)

I ordered a rug for the nursery today! It was on super sale, just the right size and pale yellows, greens, and blues to match the pale green walls that I am too lazy to paint. Granted there is no furniture yet, but a step is a step, right?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Slowly but surely getting around to the nursery :)

• Hey, that counts to me.  I need to get a couple area rugs.  How much did you spend, if I may ask?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We got one that is roughly 8ft x 5ft for $180 (shipping and tax included) off of a site called ventes-privee.com. It's kind of an online outlet store for high quality goods and has inventory/brands that change 3/4 times a week. I don't know if there is a US version, but I am sure you can find something in the same price range in the US. Things here tend to be pretty pricey as soon as you buy something that isn't a POS. I have a friend who just got a nice areanrug from Lowe's on sale. Not sure how they hold up quality wise, though.
  • Loading the player...
  • wow!  That's pretty cheap!  I was at Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago and the rugs that size were at least $220-$300.
  • You have plenty of time, we're just getting started on painting tomorrow.  Glad to hear you found a nice rug on sale. :)

• imageyankeefan78:

You have plenty of time, we're just getting started on painting tomorrow.  Glad to hear you found a nice rug on sale. :)

Yeah, I'm not really in a hurry. Just started looking at cribs, but since my mom will be coming for a couple weeks Im not sues I want to even put it together until she leaves so that she can still have the nursery. Good luck with painting! You are a better person than I am!
  • imageyankeefan78:

You have plenty of time, we're just getting started on painting tomorrow.  Glad to hear you found a nice rug on sale. :)

Yeah, I'm not really in a hurry. Just started looking at cribs, but since my mom will be coming for a couple weeks Im not sues I want to even put it together until she leaves so that she can still have the nursery. Good luck with painting! You are a better person than I am!
  • imagegen2009:
    wow!  That's pretty cheap!  I was at Tuesday Morning a few weeks ago and the rugs that size were at least $220-$300.
    They aren't the most spectacular quality, but are you anywhere near an ikea? They are pretty reasonable.
  • I've been slowly getting our baby's room done too. Every step feels like an accomplishment - it's so much fun!
  • My baby's room currently consists of a pile in the middle of the room of the baby gear we've been given so far.  Because we got married in October, we haven't been able to get showers planned until late November and early December.  We're kind of waiting to see if we get any big furniture from the showers before we go buy what we need to put the room in order.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"