Infertility
Options

Stomach pain after ER/HCG injection

I swear I have the worst stomach pain ever - and not even cramping - it's actual stomach pain high up near my rib cage. Have any of you experienced this after ER/HCG? I can barely eat and feel like I am about to burst any second. The pain actually moves too - almost like it's really bad gas but it's not because it's not resolving itself. I'm not overly concerned yet because this happened with my first IUI cycle. It came about a day or so after I took the HCG and stuck around for a few days (I'm assuming till after the HCG left my system.) That cycle and this one, my E2 was really high at the time of trigger and I am sure I was overstimulated that cycle and I'm sure I'm overstimulated this cycle too. I am miserable.

Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February

Re: Stomach pain after ER/HCG injection

• Options
    I have no advice, but I am very sorry that you feel so rotten.  :(  I hope your hubby is taking good care of you!
    Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options

imageAmCheri:
    I have no advice, but I am very sorry that you feel so rotten.  :(  I hope your hubby is taking good care of you!

Thanks - I'm sure this is my misery and hormones talking here but DH is worthless today. Then again, I'm not really asking for anything so I guess I can't expect him to read my mind. It doesn't help that Comcast keeps deactivating my cable box. ARGHH! They are going to find out why it's not a good idea to mess with a miserable hormonal IF!

Me: 31, Dx: Hypothalamic Amenorrhea, Elevated AMH of 18 DH: 34 & borderline morphology issues IUI#1/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = Mild OHSS & BFN IUI#2/cycle with Menopur & Novarel = BFN IVF#1 converted to FET due to moderate OHSS 21 eggs retrieved, 12 mature, 11 fertilized 7 frosties, 6 genetically normal December 5th FET with one perfect blast = BFN FET #2 = early February
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebluefish63:

imageAmCheri:

Thanks - I'm sure this is my misery and hormones talking here but DH is worthless today. Then again, I'm not really asking for anything so I guess I can't expect him to read my mind. It doesn't help that Comcast keeps deactivating my cable box. ARGHH! They are going to find out why it's not a good idea to mess with a miserable hormonal IF!

Ok, gloves off if anyone messes with the cable!  What would we have left to distract us?  Sorry to hear that your DH isn't helping out much.  If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the bedroom so my DH can play video games all day in the family room.  And he has the tv so loud, I swear I can feel every "explosion" all the way upstairs. And darned it, why can't they read our minds just once and a while?  It's not like we're that hard to predict after all these years of marriage. lol.    

Baby girl Lila born 2013.
    Baby boy Henry born 2015.
    Expecting our capstone baby (boy) early March 2018.
  • Options

I had that exact pain after my IUI ... it went from uncomfortable to excrutiating in a few hours... The WORST.  :(  It was the location of the pain that seemed weird to me - I thought I had the stomach flu because it was so high I didn't associate it with my reproductive parts.  My dr. said I was hyperstimulated. 

Really hoping you feel better ~ and soon!!!!

• Options
    Try drinking a bunch of Gatorade or high sodium foods, if it OHSS that can help. I hope you feel better soon sweetie!  Hugs.
    TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • Options
    I felt the same way about a week after my HCG shot this cycle.  It felt exactly like bad gas and there was nothing I could do to feel better.  Hope you feel better soon!
    Brandon Le born 9/9/13 as a result of IVF#1

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"