3rd Trimester

Vent: Husbands can be such jerks!

We are here on the couch and I tell my husband I am seriously thirsty and ask him to pass the big tank of water I lug everywhere with me all day long. It was almost empty and I planned to finish it off. He picks it up, takes a long swig, while looking at me (while I have my arm outstretched thinking he's gonna pass it to me).....then gets up to go refill it leaving me extremely irritated. I feel extremely irrational and ticked! WHO does that?? So stinkin' rude! I raised my voice and told him I can't believe he just did that. He treats me like I am wrong for making a deal out of it. Now I am crying and feel like sleeping in the guest room. I guess i am wrong for feeling entitled to a little common courtesy.....ugh.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Vent: Husbands can be such jerks!

• I understand exactly what you are feeling. But just remember...men dont see things like women and never will so try to accept that (took me forever to do that). Plus remember we are all hormonal!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My wonderful DH is up for the tool bag of the year award today too. I just keep saying its cause he is on his man period right now. lol

Hope your night gets better! 

• Loading the player...
  • I don't get it, he was refilling it after he finished it off. I get that you wanted the last drink, but maybe he was going to refill it before handing it over anyway? I think your over reacting. If he took the last drink, and DIDN't refill it I would totally be on your side.
  • My husband has said and done so many things these past months that he's lucky he still has testicles.

Hang in there and try not to let it get to you. Remember that men think in simpler terms than we do, and they can't read minds. Most come with a defective sensitivity chip.

If all else fails, punch him. ;)

DS: 11/8/11 | 9 lb 7 oz, 22 in
    DD: 5/22/14 | 9 lb 9 oz, 21.5 in

• imageHappyappy:
    I don't get it, he was refilling it after he finished it off. I get that you wanted the last drink, but maybe he was going to refill it before handing it over anyway? I think your over reacting. If he took the last drink, and DIDN't refill it I would totally be on your side.
    I guess I should tell you, he does little inconsiderate things all the time and acts like he thinks it's cute..... For instance palming my tummy when I just ate when I tell him i feel miserable, driving rough when he knows I am about to wet my pants....you get the idea. I am sure I overreacted..... I have a much shorter fuse these days.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At least he refilled it! Mine would have finished it and then passed it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image.
  • lol I understand how you feel. Anything seems to make me crazy lately. My husband would do the same thing except that he would then pat himself on the back thinking that he had brought me fresh water so I didn;t  have to drink the  old stuff.
  • imagearcook0307:
    We are here on the couch and I tell my husband I am seriously thirsty and ask him to pass the big tank of water I lug everywhere with me all day long. It was almost empty and I planned to finish it off. He picks it up, takes a long swig, while looking at me (while I have my arm outstretched thinking he's gonna pass it to me).....then gets up to go refill it leaving me extremely irritated. I feel extremely irrational and ticked! WHO does that?? So stinkin' rude! I raised my voice and told him I can't believe he just did that. He treats me like I am wrong for making a deal out of it. Now I am crying and feel like sleeping in the guest room. I guess i am wrong for feeling entitled to a little common courtesy.....ugh.

Maybe I'm missing something, but you said it was almost empty... so the fact that he got up to go refill it indicates to me that that was the reason he finished it off.... to be funny.

I wouldn't be mad at all. I'd probably laugh and smack him on the arm. But again, I wasn't there, so maybe there's more to the story such as his facial expression or something.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyName Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I told my lovely husband that I was hungry the other night and wanted him to make me pancakes. Yes, it was like 930 at night but that doesn't mean I wasn't hungry. Anyway he goes on to remind me how much I had eaten that day (which BTW WAS NOT that much). He says he was joking but he felt bad. Especially since I started crying and wouldn't talk to him the rest of the night. Trust me. I know how you feel. :)
  • He was just getting you some nice fresh,cold water for you..I understand you were thirsty but he refilled the whole jug for you, one less thing for you to do.. I think he was doing more than the "common courtesy" You DO have a right to be mad because it was obviously something big enough to bother you, But I don't think its something you should sleep in the guest room over.. Just let it go.. there are bigger and better things to waste your emotions on and remember your emotions effect your baby, so pick and choose your battles..
  • I see it two ways.  

1.  He was pretty rude in taking the last drink of water when you had specifically asked for the bottle.  I can understand being ticked off about that.  

2.  I do think that your hormones are definitely playing a big part in this and helping you to overreact by juuuuuuust a smidge.  Take a breather.  Don't NOT sleep in the same bed though.  Make sure you talk it out with each other before you go to sleep so he knows you're ticked and has a chance to apologize.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"