2nd Trimester

20 Weeks and still no movement!!??

I am so so sad I haven't felt any movement yet!! Grrrrrr!! Crying

I do have an anterior placenta but geeze...I have heard of other girls with an anterior placenta and they have already felt movement by now! I'm so jealous!

I've had 3 ultrasounds and every time she is bouncing around in there so I'm not really worried, I'm just impatient!

Am I the only one who hasn't felt anything yet? 

Thanks in advance! 

BabyFruit Ticker image

Re: 20 Weeks and still no movement!!??

• I know exactly what you are feeling.  I didn't feel much until about 22-23 weeks.  I am having twins and both placentas are anterior.  I am now just 27 weeks and feeling more movement consistently.  Same thing, would go to u/s and they were as active as can be, but I couldn't feel a thing.  Hang in there!

R & R- Twin Girls January 2012
  • When i was carrying DS.. I didn't feel anything until around 21-23 weeks...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I know my cousin didn't feel a thing until her 20 wk appt and she did not have an anterior placenta, so I think its pretty normal.  Hang in there! 

• I don't think I felt anything until around week 21, then around 23, DH could feel her. I made up a theory to make myself feel better tho. It might help you.

My ab muscles are so amazing that the movement couldn't be felt though them. :)

Like I said, I made it up, but it made me feel better, and now I think I love feeling her even more!!!!! Every little jab is exciting and makes me so happy! It will happen, and probably soon!

• Same here. Anterior placenta.

The tech at my a/s Wednesday even said she was more active than they would expect for a baby her age... I still feel nothing. At times I may feel a flutter but not enough to even be sure.

I have had 10 u/s and she is always moving all over the place :) I feel your pain! 

• My doctor said she didn't feel her baby until 24 weeks... hang tight!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am right there with you!  I was never told I have an anterior placenta and the baby moves all around and kicks at ultrasounds, but I feel nothing! I know it is frustrating, hang in there!
  • I haven't felt kicks yet, just some small whooshing at times.  I felt DS pretty distinctly at 17w last time, so I am getting impatient.  Especially when I get the weekly emails from Babycenter and see that my baby is now 5 inches from head to rump.  How is something that big moving around inside me and I can't feel it?  It sorta squicks me out if I think about it too much - reminds me of the "Aliens" movies.  :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    DS1 born June 2008 | m/c at 9w March 2011 | DS2 born April 2012
  • Im just 24 weeks now, and I didnt feel anything until last Friday, but its been pretty consistent since then. Don't worry, it'll come!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• I just started feeling flutters now and then this past week.
  • I am 21 weeks and right there with you. Haven't felt a thing- not even something I "think" may be the baby squirming around!!

I also have an anterior placenta

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I also have an anterior placenta and thought I was feeling things (I really wanted to as well) but at like 22 weeks all of the sudden I was able to feel my LO moving all over the place, day and night. It will happen soon enough!!! At 25 weeks I'm being woken up at about 4am by the movement (which doesn't bother me at all) as well as periodically feeling movement all day long.
  • I haven't felt anything on the "outside" yet but I've felt flutters for quite a few weeks now.  I'm not familiar with what anterior placenta means...

• I'm so glad I'm not the only one! I don't think I've felt anything yet, I can't wait to feel my little baby moving!!!!! It's very reassuring to see that others haven't or didn't feel their baby move for a while either!

• I, too, have an anterior placenta and didn't feel anything until 21-22 weeks. Now I feel him move around quite a bit. I bet you will feel movement very soon!!
  • I wasn't "officially" diagnosed as anterior placenta but the u/s said I am carrying low and towards the back so the likelihood that I'll feel him is sparse.

I feel movement here and there, but DH hasn't been able to catch it to feel also. I am 22 weeks today. It started sometime last week to where I could feel it more often.

For me it is usually around the time I eat, and laying down.

Hang in there!!

TTC since November 2010
    BFP: March 22, 2011 M/C: April 8, 2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP: June 29, 2011!!! Crossing my fingers for a sticky baby :)
    LO Born early March 2012 We are so blessed image
  • My sister didn't feel movement (flutters) until she was 23 weeks.  Her doc told her it was completely normal and often time FTMs mistake gas for movement early on.  Try not to worry.  From what everyone's posted and from what i've heard, that is completely normal.
  • imageRAF56:

I know exactly what you are feeling.  I didn't feel much until about 22-23 weeks.  I am having twins and both placentas are anterior.  I am now just 27 weeks and feeling more movement consistently.  Same thing, would go to u/s and they were as active as can be, but I couldn't feel a thing.  Hang in there!

Same here, didn't feel anything but an occasional flutter before 23ish weeks. Still to this day (28 weeks) I dont feel much very often and definately no pattern like most people say follow by this point. If she gets in a certain position I can really feel her on my right side, but the Anterior Placenta blocks a LOT of movement. My DH has only been able to feel her 2 or 3 times and my DS hasn't got to feel her at all since she normally isn't active until I lie down in bed to go to sleep. Try some OJ and lay on your sides and see if that helps!

? ALL BECAUSE TWO PEOPLE FELL IN LOVE ? Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"