September 2011 Moms

If not for the kindness of a stranger...

I don't know what I would have done yesterday. I drove to Atlanta(couple hours away) to find a dress for DH's military ball coming up in 5 weeks, and Connor had a rough night resulting in only 3 hours of sleep for me. So, I am at the Mall for SIX hours. It took so long b/c he would only stay asleep for a half hour at a time, and I fed him 7 times while we were there. Tongue Tied So,the great news is I found a dress! And, it was on sale for $47 Big Smile I spent more on the undergarments than the dress. Anywho, so I am getting the kids to the car. They are both crying and Ella is pitching a great big fit. They are in their car seats, and I am fighting with my newly purchased sit & stand, and cannot get it closed. I try for 10 minutes, and try to force it, causing it to make this awful sound, which a lady passing by heard. She stopped and saw my tears, heard the 2 crying kids, parked her car and helped me. Seriously, she hugged me, soothed me, told me to go get the baby. She folded and loaded the stroller, put my shopping bag in the car, gave Ella her sippy cup and adjusted her seat belt. Stood and talked to me for a while as I was gathering myself. I am so grateful that God sent her to me at that moment because I felt like I was drowning. I will now make it my mission to look for parents who might be going through the same, wherever I am. I wish I could thank her more, but she was just a kind stranger.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: If not for the kindness of a stranger...

• That story brings tears to my eyes! God bless that woman....if only there were more kind strangers in the world just like her.

And I'm so glad you found a dress! You must post a linky to the dress. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Aw that was so sweet of her! The world needs more people like that :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • That is amazing! Yey for finding a dress!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awwww....warm fuzzies :-) What a kind woman.

Ditto on posting a pic of your dress!

• What above thing to do!
    imageimage
  • imageMrsMichelleB:

This world needs more strangers like that lady. God Bless her. 

ETA: You could thank her by a letter to the editor in that local newspaper in hopes that someone reads it that she told the story to also. If she never reads it, it may give others the idea to spread kindness. 

I love this idea!! What a great way to acknowledge such a wonderful act of kindness.

• imagemshepherd20:
    imageMrsMichelleB:

ETA: You could thank her by a letter to the editor in that local newspaper in hopes that someone reads it that she told the story to also. If she never reads it, it may give others the idea to spread kindness. 

I love this idea!! What a great way to acknowledge such a wonderful act of kindness.

Good idea!!! Definitely do this!
  • imageJKGymnast:
    imagemshepherd20:
    imageMrsMichelleB:

Good idea!!! Definitely do this!

I will definitely do this! Thank you for the idea.

• wow, that is awesome!! And such inspiration :)
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow!!! Goosebumps. 

Congrats on finding a dress :)

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imageMrsMichelleB:

Dear Abby posts stories like that a lot as well.

That was touching...made me a little teary-eyed!

• imageMrsMichelleB:

ditto this,

I'm not a religious person in any means but this kindness makes me wonder if there aren't angels walking around helping us sometimes. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"