1st Trimester

I know I have time but .. a clothes question

Hello!

So, several of my friends have recently been pregnant with their first child and/or are still pregnant. One of their biggest complaints is the lack of affordable maternity clothes. I have about a month before I should be showing, but I wanted to know if any of you knew any great places. The only one I know about right now is Old Navy. 

Where do you shop?

Thanks!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I know I have time but .. a clothes question

• Target

Goodwill

Yard sales

Motherhood Maternity 

• For my last pregnancy, I seemed to find some deals at Kohls. That was about 4 years ago. I haven't checked anywhere recently, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I bought a ton of stuff from Gap and Motherhood Maternity- pretty affordable. Hold out until the Black Friday sales if you can- I bet they'll have some killer deals :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
    imageimage
  • JC Penney and Sears have some that are affordable.  I have also looked at consignment shops.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • I just shopped the clearance rack at Gordmans.  THey carry motherhood maternity.
  • I personally hate most of Old Navy's clothes, they just don't fit right....their shirts are OK. I love Gap and tend to buy when they have sales...often they have 50% off all sale items. I also like target. Motherhood is cheaply made and not great prices either.

ETA: You can do well at Khols too.

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasured day you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart...let me hold you while I may."

TTC #1- unexplained...lost left ovary 4/07 IUI #1 2/10/09-BFN IUI #2 3/5/09-BFN IVF # 1-BFP

TTC#2- FET 4/7/11 BFP, Natural mc 5/5/11 IVF#2 ER 9/13/11, ET 9/16/11, Beta #1 9/27/11 BFP 254 Beta #2 9/30/11 793 -Twins!

• I moslty had target motherhood and sears stuff last time.  A lot of my target stuff was cheap it fell apart before I was done needing it so sad.
    Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

• imageallisonmarie22:

Target

Goodwill

Yard sales

Motherhood Maternity 

I went to Target and Goodwill last night... bought $80 worth of clothes and got: 4 shirts, 2 pants and 4 sun dresses (sun dresses this time of year because Ill be on a cruise in 3 weeks (yeah!) 

I did go into Motherhood Maternity... but they are still a little pricey... not horrible, but a typical price would be on clothes.

Hope you find what you are looking for! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I didn't buy any maternity clothes when pg with #1. I wore a lot of leggings (they stretch), sun dresses/ dresses, and tunics. I was studying for the bar exam though and not working through much of 2nd and all of 3rd tri though so I could be more casual with my wardrobe. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ann Taylor Loft has a pretty good selection. They have sales all the time as well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • The flagship store for H&M where I live has maternity.  I have a few of the higher end consignment shops that also have maternity sections.  I bought a really nice pea in the pod top for $11 at one.  But you have to dig when you go places like that.  The Loft does have a good selection too.
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Target and JCPenny (they have a lot of stuff on line)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I went to Goodwill this weekend and they carry Liz Lange maternity from Target brand new with the tags still attached.  I bought several items for a great price.  I have also been on ebay looking and you can find good deals on there if you know what size and brand fit you well.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I bought leggings...in all different novelty materials from American Apparel and found some fun thick sweater leggings. During winter I'll be wearing oversized fun sweaters and fabulous shoes and accessories are a must for me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby Gap has an awesome maternity section (I love their clearance).  Motherhood Maternity is pricey but again, I stick to sales and do pretty good.  Also, ask your friends for hand me downs!  A group of 4 of us have circulated clothes around for 6 babies now.  We all buy new things too, but it helps to have some basics to start with.  Hope this helps!
  • imagecatycombs:
    Ann Taylor Loft has a pretty good selection. They have sales all the time as well.

Indeed:  40% off everything at AT Loft from now to Sunday. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have found some things on Ebay, but I think I will try consignment shops once I get a little bigger and will need to try things on....

Kohl's is ok, not a huge selection and not all stores have maternity.

• GOODWILL! you will need to look no further, I promise!
  • Thanks! I will definitely check out the yard sales and goodwill. I have completely forgotten about yard sales!

I also read (probably here) that you should wait because your size will change.

Thanks for the advice ladies.. I will pass this along (and use it!)

ps- H&M is FANTASTIC! However... the closes store is 2.5hours away!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"