3rd Trimester

Glucose Test Question

Did you have to fast for the 1 hour test? The woman at the lab said I probably should have, but my doctor never mentioned anything. Also, I don't remember fasting when pregnant with my son.TIA!

Re: Glucose Test Question

• You aren't supposed to have anything other than water and that nasty orange drink before the blood draw.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the 1 hour test and did not fast. my results came back totally normal...in my doctor's words "your results were the most normal i have ever seen". if your doctor didn't tell you to fast then you probably don't have to.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was told to avoid anything sugary/high in carbs for a few hours before but could still eat protein rich things.
  • Nothing sugary beforehand and no eating after the drink, so only fasting for the 1 hour of the test.  They also recommended I eat something high in protein to make sure I don't have a sugar-crash while I'm sitting around for the hour.
  • Eat something. I fasted because I thought I needed to, and failed it. I passed the 3-hour with flying colors, my OB thinks fasting for the 1-hour screwed up my results.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honestly, it depends on the doctor.  Mine had me fast for 3 hours before.  Unfortunately, I didn't wake up in time to get breakfast that morning before fasting, and I just about ended up passing out as they were drawing blood.  If your doctor didn't tell you to fast, eat as normal.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Pretty much the same as everyone else. Nobody told me to fast so I didn't. You just drink the orange stuff (or whatever flavor your lab uses) and they told me not to eat/drink/chew gum or exercise for the next hour. I walked right back out to my car, climbed in the back seat with the tinted windows, set an alarm for an hour later and took a very much needed nap!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Every doctor is different but my doctor specifically told me not to fast and to eat whatever I normally would or else the test would not be accurate. I would say if your doctor didn't say to fast, don't.
  • My Dr said I could if I wanted and the lady at the lady says that most people who don't, don't pass.
  • My doctor told me I could have some toast before I went to have my test.
    Jewels

** Our TTC Journey Blog **

** Our Pregnancy Blog ** 

TTC for over 3 years. After several infertility treatments, we received our first BFP!! :)

image' rel="nofollow">image
  • I had peanut butter on toast about two hours before my test and I passed.  My doctor said to eat at least an hour before the test if I was going to eat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't fast and I failed my test.  I had the 3 hour test last week and have not got the call from the doc.  So no news is good news.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My dr and lab told me not to eat or drink from 12 the night before. So I didnt.  I passed . Mine was early early in the morning tho.  I did however feel sick afterwards.

• With #1, I ate my normal breakfast and passed with flying colors. I think it probably depends on who is giving the test.

I declined the test with this pregnancy.

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• They told me mine was a "non-fasting" test.
    deployment survivor!!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"