Babies: 3 - 6 Months

anyone use a nanny/babysitter finding service?

I'm looking for a p/t nanny to come to my house and watch DD a few days a week. I found a bunch of web sites that list potential nannies, but they all charge so I want to make sure they're good before I pay the fee. Most of them seem to be national sites, so I'm wondering if anyone else has used any successfully.

Thanks! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: anyone use a nanny/babysitter finding service?

• We just hired our nanny tonight off of care.com.  I think it's about $35 and DH found a coupon for 10%.  We posted what we were looking for and got over 40 responses in a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yup, I agree with pp. care.com is a good source.
  • Loading the player...
  • I agree with Care.com. I paid $35ish for 3 months with a discount code I found. I am interviewing nannies right now that I found on this website and have been very pleased with the quality of the nannies. Good Luck in your search!
  • Care.Com and Sittercity.com are the two best. I use to be a nanny both of these site interview all nannies and do background checks before the nannies can even post a profile!
  • we used sittercity and found a ton of great people. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPic

image image
  • I used care.com and love love love my nanny! I got almost 40 responses in one month - I figured since we have to pay and they have to pay to post themselves - it weeds out some of the riff raff
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I used Sittercity.com and paid $9.95 for one month with a coupon code I found online. We got tons of responses and we interviewed and called references for the nanny we ended up choosing. Couldn't be happier with her.

We also used sittercity a few weekends ago when we were in Phoenix for a wedding and needed a sitter to come to our hotel for two nights while we were at the rehersal dinner and wedding. It worked out really well.

• imagerjl07:
    We just hired our nanny tonight off of care.com.  I think it's about $35 and DH found a coupon for 10%.  We posted what we were looking for and got over 40 responses in a week.

Same here.  Received a TON of responses and was able to get references, reviews, and background checks.  I only subscribed for 1 month (ended up paying like $25) and then cancelled after we found a sitter.

You can create an ad for free and review profiles of care providers, but must pay to get their contact info.  Google and you can find the coupon code.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"