1st Trimester

Debating on calling Dr.. advice?

Ive had real bad cramps on and off (which I know is "normal"), but today I started getting cramps in my back - which Ive never had before.  I am only 5 wks 5 days, so I know there is nothing they can do, but I am starting to get a little nervous.  With my first I had bad cramps on one side and they did an U/S and everything was fine.  Would you bother calling?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Debating on calling Dr.. advice?

• I was having the exact same thing. I was thinking that it was related to me getting pregnant again so soon.

I decided not to call. I probably would've called during one of my last pregnancies, but I know that there is nothing that they can do. If it was a pain on one side I would say call and have it checked, but otherwise there isn't much that can even been seen now, let alone done. FWIW my cramps pretty much went away around 7.5 - 8 weeks (for now).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The only reason I wold call is if it feels like it could be kidney pain.  During my first pregnancy I had a kidney infection.  I sucked it up and didn't call for almost a week.  I had to be hospitalized because it had gotten so bad.  

But if it just feels like general back pain...I probably wouldn't call.   

• Loading the player...
  • it's just a phone call, your doctor is used to getting them all the time. and if five minutes on the phone will give you peace of mind, then by all means DO IT! GL (:
  • No, I wouldn't.  Only because I did call and was basically mocked by the nurse for calling. (I had really bad cramping on an off early on and some of them were so painful I couldn't walk.)  I was basically told that unless you have a UTI or one-sided pain (which could mean ectopic), don't call.  But ultimately if it gives you peace of mind then you could. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If you ever have to wonder "should I call or not" then call. Would you rather worry and keep wondering and possibly regret having not called...or call, go in and get checked, and find out there was no reason to worry?
  • I would call if it's concerning you this much. Maybe you can get a u/s and it would put your mind at ease:)
  • I would call. With back pain and cramping worse than normal they will probably want to rule out ectopic.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNayNaysPlayPen:
    If you ever have to wonder "should I call or not" then call. Would you rather worry and keep wondering and possibly regret having not called...or call, go in and get checked, and find out there was no reason to worry?

Amen! Best advice! 

• i would call, its only a phone call, and this is part of what they get paid for, advice, monitoring etc.  If it will make you feel at ease then do it...

good luck

joyce

www.mazecordblood.com

www.centerforfemalesexuality.com

www.wernermd.com

joyce@mazelabs.com www.mazecordblood.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"