Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Quite possibly the oddest problem...

I'm so completely and totally confused...the ONLY place my LO will ever get a good night's sleep is in her stroller. We had her in her crib from the first day we brought her home from the hospital so it's not about her not being used to her crib. One day she fell asleep in her stroller when we went out for a walk and stayed asleep for a couple hours straight (which for a nap for her was unheard of). That night desperate for a decent amount of sleep we let her go to bed in her stroller and it was the first time she ever slept thru the night. Usually she'd be up every 2 hours. I actually woke up several times and was so nervous that she hadn't woken up that I had to make sure she was breathing. I don't want to make it a habit so we put her in the crib 90% of the time, but on those nights where I know I don't have the strength to go another night without sleep I let her sleep in the stroller. My husband seemed to think it was because she liked sleeping at an incline so we bought her a wedge for her crib....that did nothing. It seems so odd that I doubt anyone has dealt with this before, but I'm desperate for some advice. I feel bad for her because she isn't getting a good nights sleep in the crib, but then I feel lazy when I let her sleep in the stroller. What would you do?? 

Re: Quite possibly the oddest problem...

• I've heard success with the fisher price rock and play sleeper, she might like to be cushioned on the sides?  
  • I would let her sleep there and just put the stroller next to the bed. There is obviously something about the stroller that works for her and I would go with it for awhile. Is it the incline? Coziness? Who knows. She's getting quality sleep and that's a must for them and I don't think you're creating a bad habit. She won't sleep in her stroller forever- LOL. You could also try letting her start her night there and move her later to her crib...    GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • I would absolutely let her sleep there! My DD slept swaddle in her carseat which we would then put in her bassinet (to keep the dog from 'kissing' her in the middle of the night) for the first month of her life! The pedi said let her sleep wherever it is that she will stay asleep. She will let you know when she no longer wants to sleep there. If my DD wanted to sleep in the kitched sink I would let her! ha!
  • Do you have a Rock and Play sleeper?  If you dont you might want to try it.  My DD would ONLY sleep in her RnP at first.  Partly because she has reflux and is more comfortable in an almost seated position and because it comes up around her on the sides -
    image image imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My LO sleeps in her swing. I say do whatever it takes for everyone to get a good night's sleep, and if that means the stroller, then so be it. You need your rest too!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I feel awful too because I let my LO sleep in her swing half the time just so I can get rest, granted I am then on the floor next to her scared she will fall! But my pedi advised we let her sleep in the swing for now and try transitioning her later in the night. it is a 50-50 deal on the transition and sometimes take 3-4x of trying. but I agree let her sleep wherever she wants as long as she is safe!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"