January 2012 Moms

Let's talk about sex

Who is getting it and who is not?Big Smile Add me to the not list! I am so uncomfortable and feel bruised and battered down there. When we try it is so painful I give up.
Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

Re: Let's talk about sex

• We have not been "ALLOWED" since week 17.... BUT if nothing changes between today and Friday I will be 28 weeks and we have the go ahead...  and it is ON!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was on "pelvic rest" for 8 weeks due to placenta previa, but after our 28 week u/s the doctor said I was good to go, so we tried last night. I'll be honest, it was pretty uncomfortable :/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on pelvic rest starting around week 19 due to a low placenta. We found out this past Thursday that it has moved up so I got the go ahead. We tried on Friday. DH took care of me first using other methods (intercourse alone has never been enough for me). The orgasm was amazing. But then the actual sex was really painful and uncomfortable. I'm not sure if it's just because it's been a long time or what. I'm hoping it gets easier or at least less painful. Poor DH - I don't want him to have to go from now until I'm cleared post-partum!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

DD 1/3/2012
    BFP 5/21/2013 MC 5/24/2013
    BFP 7/16/2013 EDD 3/27/2014
  • I have not had any in forever. It just doesn't feel good anymore and to be honest, I just don't care to do it.
  • lp0lp0 member
    Sex? What's that? We haven't had sex in over a month because dh is completely freaked out by the idea that there's a baby in there. I gave up trying about two weeks ago because all he wants to do is cuddle. He's been super sweet and affectionate but no sex really sucks!
    "Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it the more it will elude you but if u turn your attention to other things it will come & sit softly on your shoulder."

BFP! 04/26/11 - DS born 12/28/11 - BFP #2! 04/02/13 - DD born 12/11/13 -
    My Ovulation Chart

imageimage

• Add me to the Not list as well. Its just to swollen down there to even feel good.

BFP#1 11.19.10 Missed MC 01.10.11 Sam & Alex
    BFP#2 05.08.11 Birthday 1.11.12 Peyton
    BFP#3 06.10.12 Birthday 2.14.13-Cooper Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Congrats to my buddy Ambs21! Welcome to the world Audrey!
    Congrats to my buddy Mork! Welcome sweet E!
  • My husband has no problem with continuing our pre-pregnancy routine...he wants it all.the.time. I'm the one denying him so we don't do it that often; maybe once a week. I told him today I felt like I need to start stretching beforehand from now on because my legs are always so sore afterwards hahaha! I don't enjoy it like I used to. My belly is in the way and I feel like it's the focal point, so I try to keep it covered. Then there's the leg cramps I get in the middle of it. And then there was that one time that baby moved in the middle of it...yeah, that was it for me. Sex is not a three person activity in our household! It's mainly mental stuff for me. I think too much about certain things and then I'm over the whole sex thing. I let him finish, only because I don't want him to come begging me for more too soon. Sad, I know.

BabyFetus Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My sex drive hasn't gone down to say the least. I'm happy that I haven't had any discomfort down there (well, at least not yet!). My growing tummy does make it a little awkward, and harder to find a comfortable position. I'm definitely tired out faster!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im not. I thought getting off bed rest would make me want to because thats all we wanted when we were not allowed to. But Im never in the mood for it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's all good Big Smile
  • If anything it's me harassing H for it all the time. His only issue is the weird hours he sometimes works and how tired he gets. We still manage about 3 times a week, and its always amazing. This last time I experienced the "swollen" feeling a lot of you ladies have been talking about, but it seemed to get better after a while. I wonder if that is going to be an issue here on out.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    BabyFetus Ticker
    ~Still rooting for my TTC buddy ShanRich0810~
    ~ DD 5/15/00 ~ DS 2/27/03 ~ DD 9/29/04 ~ DS 7/3/07 ~
  • We aren't doing 'IT' as often (maybe every few weeks instead of 1-2X a week) and for a while I was a bit concerned - more for my husband's sake cause he's always wanting it - but we've had talks about it and it's really just because it's somewhat awkward. I'm personally not missing "IT"...but I take care of him a little more often these days Wink
  • We're still keeping busy in the bedroom. :) It's super awkward whenever I switch positions because I need help moving around most of the time. (My doctore said that if I were having only one baby that my belly would be measuring full term at this point for sure.) I think I'm the only one being awkward about my belly, it sure isn't slowing DH down.
  • imageLP0198:
    Sex? What's that? We haven't had sex in over a month because dh is completely freaked out by the idea that there's a baby in there. I gave up trying about two weeks ago because all he wants to do is cuddle. He's been super sweet and affectionate but no sex really sucks!

This exactly.  My hubby is freaked out that he may accidentally put me into labor or something.  Meanwhile, my sex drive is going strong and this "once every few weeks" thing is just not doing it for me! 

• I am not, I totally would LOVE to, but dh and I separated 2 months ago.
  • 3-5 x per week here :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • we are! and its wonderful
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, it's been two weeks here...and while it still feels good to me, I'm just not in the mood! I'm so tired by the end of the day it's just to much work to get in the mood for it! DH gets other things in between, so I am pretty sure he's feeling just fine about the lack of actual sex :)
  • I was on pelvic rest starting t week 14 and just recently (week 27) I was taken off because my spotting had stopped and I no longer had placenta previa.  We had sex that night and it honestly hurt worse than the first time I had sex.  I guess things had really tightened up down there without any use Indifferent  BUt we have had sex about once a week since then and everytime it gets a little better. It is not as good as before pregnancy, just because our position options are limited and all the other discomforts of pregnancy.  But it is nice to be intimate again.
  • i think we've done it maybe 4 times since i got pg. the most recent being about 2 months ago. DH never initiates it or talks about it. i tell him i miss it, and i do. but we are going through some very stressful times right now and it is just not a priority. he doesn't need one more thing to stress about, so i haven't pushed the issue. he says it doesn't freak him out but i think it does a bit. i am ok with it guess...but i surely can't wait until i am all healed up pp and we can get back to a regular routine. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    imagephoto ry400_zpsf92defef.jpeg="YOUR URL HERE" width="180px">
  • I try to all the time but my husband is scared something bad will happen. i just keep reasurring him every time that it is perfectly safe. it is getting a little awkward to find comfortable positions though.i hope we can continue till the end:)
  • Not me. J actually told me today he's interested in getting his testosterone levels checked. His desire has just totally gone downhill over the past 6-12 months. 

• I am glad I'm not the only one not getting any. DH wants it and I have tried a few times for his sake but the last time it hurt so bad I couldn't let him finish and he was kind of an @ss to me about it. I have been scared to try again since then.
    Rachel, mama to Ava (6), Olivia (4), Nora (2), and baby#4 on the way.

• I was on pelvic rest until about 16 weeks and since then we have tried once unsuccessfully and the second time was better but still really uncomfortable for me. I would probably be fine with nothing at all, honestly, but I can deal with it every once in awhile.
  • not here! add one more to the sore, uninterested, pelvic pain list. DH wants it all the time and he knows how much pain i'm in so i also try other things but he still seams to get needy. its driving me crazy he always asks me if im even a little interested and i don't lie i say no. but even if i do try for him if he sees im hurting he cant finish. he's not mean about it at least right away and i usually make it up later but that makes more work for me... sigh cant wait till all this is over so it wont be a problem 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Add me to the big rolly polly "no" list.  I really miss it but ever since H heard that my lady parts may be a little enlarged he's not really interested.  Honestly, I'm so uncomfortable I'm not in the mood to initiate.  I'm definately looking forward to being my regular size and doing it again.  What do you think, a year?  lol. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We still are.  I would say 1-2x/week but I don't like it all that much.  I'm just putting out because it makes DH happy.

It's so swollen and tight down there that it feels weird.  I do have to admit that it does feel good though when we get going (I think it's the extra blood) but I don't have any desire to initiate. 

Mama to a baby girl born 1/21/2012.
    Currently back stateside but missing Kenya!
  • I am but nothing special or romantic or anything that would rock my socks honestly. It is kind of like ok well horny here...lets go. But with the big belly its kind of awkward. I don't get it that often....
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • We've been getting "naughty time" in less frequently, butI feel it's important to make the time to have that intimacy. It's hard when I zonk out by like 8:30 every night, and we're so busy with his 2.5yo son. It can be a little uncomfortable with this growing belly, and takes some time to find a position that works. With all the blood flow down there, sometimes I get very swollen afterwards, but other than that I don't have any issues with it.  I'll just lay with an ice-pack for alittle while afterwards, which helps.
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• We have been having more and better sex since I got pregnant.  It is getting tougher now with the belly getting in the way, but we are making do just fine for now.

My little goofball born 1/2012
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At least 2-3 times a week or I get cranky. Wink
    DSC_2211

BabyFetus Ticker
  • My sex drive has always been really high...but, pregnancy seems to have kicked it into overdrive.  Throughout all these 7 months we definitely do it 3-4 times a week and here lately in third trimester we are back to our prepregnancy frequency of everyday. 

I hate starting the day without getting some, it always makes me feel better all day. 

BabyFruit Ticker BabyName Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagestarlillee:

imageLP0198:

This exactly.  My hubby is freaked out that he may accidentally put me into labor or something.  Meanwhile, my sex drive is going strong and this "once every few weeks" thing is just not doing it for me! 

We are still doing it regularly..for now.  Last time DH broke my water, neither of us want that to happen again.  New mattresses are expensive.  I think after 36 weeks I am going to cut him off!

• imagestarlillee:

imageLP0198:

We are still doing it regularly..for now.  Last time DH broke my water, neither of us want that to happen again.  New mattresses are expensive.  I think after 36 weeks I am going to cut him off!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"