Houston Babies

Ok...what does LO call your boobs?

I was getting ready for work and DS pointed to my bra after I put it on, and said "what's in there?"  It was actually pretty funny - and I looked at DH and said "what should I tell him?  That it's a soon-to-be milk factory?"  lol.  Of course right after that DS said "milk factory?!" 

I feel strange having a toddler say "breasts" (even though that is the technical term) or "boobs" (b/c is that weird?) - I guess I could just say it's my "chest" since he technically has a chest, too.  Or I could just say they are part of my privates?  I am just trying to manage how he will address them to other people. 

We haven't defined his penis, yet - we just say that we are washing his "privates" when we are in the tub.  That's why I wonder if I should just stick to privates for me, too.  But maybe he will think his chest is "private", too?  Very confusing!  lol.

Re: Ok...what does LO call your boobs?

• Mine say boobies.  They also say penis and Bagina.  Yes, B not V although we say it with a v.
    imageimage
    Pics by Fleurish Imagery
  • Mine says boobies too.  To add a funny... the other day, he sat down in my nursing chair next to my pump, grabbed the pumping parts, pulled up his shirt, held the flanges up to his chest and told me he needed to pump his boobies to feed the babies.  Hahaha... he's trying to help!  :)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Boobs :)  She's called them that forever.  She breastfed until she was 2, and one time we were at a playdate with my Pearland moms' group, and Charlotte told someone (another mom, one of her friends, I don't remember) that she was "going home to have some boob and then a nap".  LOL!!!  My friends still remember that and laugh about it to this day.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • She knows nipples, but I think I just said "breasts" when talking about them yesterday. I bought some new bras with her a while back and later that day Tracey asked where my "new nipples" were. 

Harmony, Tracey and I have Baginas too.  

• DS knows them as boobies, which he think is one of the funniest words. he giggles anytime it's said. Right now his penis is his peepee and his butt is his tushy.

To add a funny,too....The one day DS and I were sort of playing hide and seek. i popped out and said BOO! he said BEE! I thought, um ok....he couldn't possibly be completing Boo like that on purpose. Soooo... i said it again. Boo! Bee! He giggled back. Yup, he's such a boy.Confused 

• DD says nipples. Not my favorite word, but correct and she has them too. DS doesn't have a word for them. He just says "Murse!" and "this one" or "that one" when he wants to switch sides.

I would NOT use privates!! Because when he comes home after playing in the spinkler with friends and says someone touched his privates, I would flip and then feel stupid because someone just poked him in the chest.

- Jena
  • DS calls mine boobies and he refers to what he has as "nickels" instead of nipples.
  • I have been saying chest lately. I am still nursing his brother, so he is very interested in them. 

• Marion calls them boobies.  Although when I asked her, she was silly and said "blueberries"
  • I just call is my chest. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DS calls them "oo oo's" i don't know where he got that from. I've called them my chest and he continues to call them oo oo's.
  • I say chest. Then he points to his chest or DH's chest. Yep, we all have a chest and for now that is all he needs to know. :-)

He also says bum or bottom - when we ask him to sit down. He has said penis for a while now. I usually say "boy parts" but he prefers to say penis. Come to think of it, he must be past that phase (at least for now) his favorite body part is elbow.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• No clue.  C picked up wiener somewhere - I know DH has said it a few times when he bathed him, but not on a regular basis.  I guess maybe they say it at school when they change them.  I tried for a week to correct him to say penis, but I gave up.

My old coworker's kids would say "goobies" for the longest time (for breasts).  It was cute in stories. 

• right before I had baby J I told DS that Baby was going to drink milk through my breasts...  trying to prepare him for me nursing her.  So he sometimes says breasts but most of the time...  boobies.  He's going through a stage right now where he wants to touch my boobies... not quite sure what to do with that....  Indifferent
  • imageIMFun:
    right before I had baby J I told DS that Baby was going to drink milk through my breasts...  trying to prepare him for me nursing her.  So he sometimes says breasts but most of the time...  boobies.  He's going through a stage right now where he wants to touch my boobies... not quite sure what to do with that....  Indifferent

My friend had the same thing happen when her son was about Joe's age. At first she tried to igonre it. I almost fell outta my seat at lunch one day when he walked over to her and started trying to make her boobs jiggle. Finally she just told him it wasn't nice to touch women's chests. They are used for feeding babies.

I don't know what I would say. Good luck.

Dx: PCOS and short luteal phase
    18 cycles (3 with our RE) - Metformin + Clomid + HCG booster did the trick!
    BFP #1 6/22/09 EDD: 3/2/10 DS born: 3/8/10

TTC #2 since Dec 2011
    BFP #2 7/8/12 EDD: 3/18/12 M/C @ 9w1d: 8/16/12

• imageSigmundsGirl:

imageIMFun:
    right before I had baby J I told DS that Baby was going to drink milk through my breasts...  trying to prepare him for me nursing her.  So he sometimes says breasts but most of the time...  boobies.  He's going through a stage right now where he wants to touch my boobies... not quite sure what to do with that....  Indifferent

My friend had the same thing happen when her son was about Joe's age. At first she tried to igonre it. I almost fell outta my seat at lunch one day when he walked over to her and started trying to make her boobs jiggle. Finally she just told him it wasn't nice to touch women's chests. They are used for feeding babies.

I don't know what I would say. Good luck.

Elysabeth was 22 months when Zander was born and was very interested in boobs and nursing.  (She would sit next to me a nurse her baby dolls while I nursed the babies; or try to put my nursing pads on under her shirt).  I would just explain to her that mommies boo boo's where only for Alekzander.  She was still young enough that it was an acceptable answer for her; and she didn't really ask too many questions. 

She calls them "boo, boos" hers and mine.  We haven't really addressed it with Zander yet. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Breasts. But it usually comes out as "bweasts" and it sounds pretty cute. She's over it now but for a while she was fascinated with breastfeeding. One day when DS was just 2-3 months old we were all in my bed (she was watching a show while I fed DS) and I looked over and saw this:

She was nursing her stuffed bunny. LOL!

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We say breasts for women and nipples for youngers and men. My children call them nibbles though... Confused

When I was lactating, my nursling called them "nums" or "laych" (leches). 

We also say penis and vulva to talk about the outside organs and penis and vagina to talk about sex and babies... although my 5 year old calls it a virgina. LOL. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"