Infertility

little help with acupuncture

I am looking into acupunture but not sure how to find one.  I don't want to just pick out of the phone book after all they are sticking pins into the skin.  How did you find your acupuncturist?  I have asked around but no one I know uses one. 

Married April 2010 TTC since ME 37 (DOR) DH 27 AMH 0.16 FSH fluctuation 30/6.2 SSH Clear Taking DHEA BCP 8/17/11 IVF #1 start 9/3/11 - Follistim (225),Lupron,and Lo dose HCG Converted to IUI only had 2 follies :( BFN BCP 9/28 IVF 1.2 start 10/11/11 - Follistim 450 + lo dose HCG
Converted to IUI only had 1 follie :( BFN BCP 11/3 IVF 1.3 start 11/13/11 - Follistim (300)+Menopur+Dexamethasome - Made it to ER:) but not ET:( embies stopped growing day 3 IVF#2 new RE Estrace 12/8 adding in Provera 12/23 until 1/1 menopur,follistim,dexamethasome,ganerelix ER scheduled for 1/17wewBFFN w We are pursuing donor egg. 8/20/12 Had hysteroscopy to remove polyp but found that i have a t shaped uterus. Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.

Re: little help with acupuncture

• Your RE's office might have referrals.  Or look at the websites of other REs in your area -- sometimes they list acupuncturists they work with.
  • imagebrooklynesque:
    Your RE's office might have referrals.  Or look at the websites of other REs in your area -- sometimes they list acupuncturists they work with.

This!  I was referred to mine by my RE.   

• Loading the player...
  • I did a search on google to search for a local area.

My current acupuncturist was referred from some local nesties (who dealt with IF). Maybe your local board can help?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I did a google search for acupunturist near in my area and did the research on their credentials.  I also got a positive referrel from 2 of my friends that also used acupunture for fertility.  The one I'm going to just does acupuncture for fertility.  Since she is specialized in fertility, it is nice to get a second opinion on what is specifically going on with my situation.
  • imagej-bell:

imagebrooklynesque:
    Your RE's office might have referrals.  Or look at the websites of other REs in your area -- sometimes they list acupuncturists they work with.

This!  I was referred to mine by my RE.   

We did the same, but she was booked to high heavens. After that we searched for infertility acupuncture and came up with ours. I have been really happy with her. She listens to me and really seems to look at the bigger picture. 

Good luck!  

(Live in Europe) TTC since 1/2010
  • I asked my insurance co for a few referrals. Then I researched them online. I love my accupuncturist!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My first one was affliated with my PCP's practice, but she went on maternity leave (yeah). Her replacement was TERRIBLE so my RE referrd me to the one I have now and I adore her. I did investigate her and a few others through my insurance company website first and she had rave reviews.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers 
    After 22 cycles and 4 failed IUIs, Serafina joined our family through IVF/ICSI, born 8.28.12
    Our surprise baby, Juliette, is due 12.8.14!

• I asked my RE if he had any recommendations.  That is how I found mine.  I only went for one month because I couldn't afford the treatments but wanted to weigh all options.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ask your RE.....they should be able to refer you.  I'd definitely try to find an acupunturist who specializes in IF. 

• imageMamaLo1216:

Ask your RE.....they should be able to refer you.  I'd definitely try to find an acupunturist who specializes in IF. 

This. I found mine via google search but also had to use someone in my network so I could pay the co-pays. 

Me (33)& DX: DOR, FSH-20.3; DH(28):SA=normal 8/11 HSG= clear!
    IUI #1 10/12/11 (Bravelle + HCG + Prometrium & acupuncture) = 10/26 BFP! Beta #1=250, Beta #2= 615. 1st u/s 11/8. image Visit The Nest! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks everyone I can't wait to start
    Married April 2010 TTC since ME 37 (DOR) DH 27 AMH 0.16 FSH fluctuation 30/6.2 SSH Clear Taking DHEA BCP 8/17/11 IVF #1 start 9/3/11 - Follistim (225),Lupron,and Lo dose HCG Converted to IUI only had 2 follies :( BFN BCP 9/28 IVF 1.2 start 10/11/11 - Follistim 450 + lo dose HCG
    Converted to IUI only had 1 follie :( BFN BCP 11/3 IVF 1.3 start 11/13/11 - Follistim (300)+Menopur+Dexamethasome - Made it to ER:) but not ET:( embies stopped growing day 3 IVF#2 new RE Estrace 12/8 adding in Provera 12/23 until 1/1 menopur,follistim,dexamethasome,ganerelix ER scheduled for 1/17wewBFFN w We are pursuing donor egg. 8/20/12 Had hysteroscopy to remove polyp but found that i have a t shaped uterus. Don't be discouraged. It's often the last key in the bunch that opens the lock.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"