Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

When did your LO get his/her first cold?

Our little guy is two months old today, and unfortunately has a bad cold that he caught from DH and myself.  He is miserable.  He is stuffy, not sleeping for long periods of time (although has been trying all day to do so) and has coughing/sneezing.  Luckily, his fever has dropped way down.  Baby triaminic and the warm steam vaporizer have really helped.  We were at the DR today and go back again tomorrow to check up on how he is doing.  I had forgotten what it was like to get up every two hours....last night reminded me.  =0( 
Bobby and Jules Est. 07-12-2008. We welcomed Nolan 08-20-2011. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did your LO get his/her first cold?

• Options
    DD got a cold at 8 weeks.  It was just a stuffy nose though, no fever, but she was miserable and needed to sleep on an incline for 5 nights so she could breath.  She was still doing two 4 hr stretches though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    #1 got her first earlier this year.  #2 we thought he caught something from big sis rcently but according to doc he's fine so I guess nothing from him yet.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    9 weeks. poor kid was a mess. loved the vaporizer for helping her breathe better.
  • Options
    10 weeks....it;s working itself out but still in there...Sad
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • Options
    10 weeks...didn't last long thanks to sleeping on incline, humidifier and sucking out snot constantly.  Best of luck getting rid of it!  It really sucks to see them so miserable!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm hoping DS got his father's immune system. He still hasn't gotten sick *knock on wood*, and in the 8 years I've known DH, he's been sick twice.
    Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
  • Options

At 7 weeks...first week in daycare! Thanks for that :(

I have a Nosefrieda Snotsucker (best thing after the R'n'P) and hosed her nose with Baby Saline to loosen the mucus and suck it out so she could get a good stretch of sleep in - the Nosefrieda actually does what it advertises as opposed to other devices I wasted money on. This is my second kid- but I just recently learned that babies apparently aren't capable of breathing through their month until they are about 3 mths old...poor things! Hope you LO gets better quick!

• Options
    3 weeks...thanks to her big brother bringing one home from preschool!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Around 9 to 10 weeks and the poor guy still has it...thank you daycare and snotty little kids toddling and poking my guy :(
  • Options
    DD is 13 weeks on Tuesday...and *knocks on wood* nothing yet.  Just last week she had some big boogers that I suctioned out a few days in a row but she wasn't running a fever or having a hard time breathing at all and she was sleeping/eating normally so I don't think she was sick.  I'm so nervous for the first cold/sickness :O
    ~Married my best friend 06/27/2010~ ~Miscarriage July 2010~ ~Hannah Leigh born 07/26/2011 (5 weeks early) @ 8:38am 4lbs 15oz~
    imageimage
  • Options
    Our son is 5 weeks and I think he has his first cold now. DH had a small cold last week and I feel like death today. Carter has been sneezing a lot more than normal and is coughing. His little baby coughs sound so sad. :( He still appears to be feeling okay and it hasn't really affected his sleeping, so I hope this is as bad as it gets.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"