September 2011 Moms

Let's talk about our pp bodies shall we?

Just curious how the pregnancy weight loss is going for everyone. Anyone back in their pre pregnancy clothes? If so how many weeks pp are you? Anyone doing anything to try to lose the weight yet? If you got stretch marks how are they looking now and what are you doing in an attempt to fade them? I havent gotten the go ahead to exercise from my OB yet. My legs fit in my pre preg jeans but my hips don't and probably never will! My tops are too small thanks to my bigger BF boobs but since I had such small Tatas to begin with I suppose I shouldn't complain! I'm semi happy with how my body looks three weeks pp except that I am absolutely covered in stretch marks and will never wear a bikini again.

Re: Let's talk about our pp bodies shall we?

• 7 weeks.  in regular clothes. not bfing, so shirts are fine.  no stretch marks.  i still want to lose about 10 lbs to get to my prepregnancy weight before ds1, so as soon as ds2 hits 3 months, he'll be dropped off at the gym daycare at least three times a week.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Anyone back in their pre pregnancy clothes?

i tried on a pair of jeans that had a low waist, and those fit. tried on some cords with a mid-rise, and those fit but create muffin top. i've been fighting ill-fitting tops for quite some time now, and with my boobs getting EVEN bigger, i think i may have to do some shopping.

If so how many weeks pp are you?

4 weeks post. 

Anyone doing anything to try to lose the weight yet?

i started doing some light yoga at 3 weeks, but mostly to help stretch out my back and open up my chest. all the hunching over to pick up and hold LO is making my body ache!

If you got stretch marks how are they looking now and what are you doing in an attempt to fade them?

they're still there. i'm just going to wait it out and let them fade on their own. i'm not convinced of creams that promise to make them fade. 

• Loading the player...
  • I'm back at pre-pregnancy weight ... and in most of my clothes.  My hips have definitely been slower to move back in place this time around though, so a few pairs of pants still don't fit.

I am 5.5 weeks pp.

I haven't done much exercise yet, still bleeding and haven't been cleared by the doctor yet.  But the weather has been beautiful so we have been taking short walks when at all possible.

ETA: No stretchmarks from this pregnancy ... so just my one wrinkly one from DS!

• 5.5 weeks, mixed results on the clothes.  I can fit into my loose jeans but regular are tight in the waist.  I wear loose shirts so no noticeable difference there.

Had stretch marks from a previous weight gain, no new ones.

I'm back to pre preg weight but would like to start walking to get in shape.  I'd lost so much from morning sickness that I think I was only 5lbs over after daughter was born.

Unrelated, Aurora fell asleep without fighting tonight, crossing fingers she will go back down after the 3 am feeding and is nice when Daddy gets home at 5. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was down to pp weight at 10 days pp. My pp pants fit w/some room to spare--I'm now down 4 lbs from pp weight. Shirts fit fine but I do need to start toning bc I'm feeling flabby. Haven't exercised yet but got the clear today so will soon. I haven't done anything w/my stretch marks--they look more brown than the red/purple they were.

• I tried my regular jeans at 4 days pp and they fit right away. Now, don't hate me too much, I still have 12 out of 32lbs to lose. Haven't lost anything in 2 weeks or so. If it goes like last time, it will be a slow process - took me 5 months to lose the 32lbs I gained with DS. No stretch marks. And no time to exercise. I will need to kick myself and do something for my abs after the kids are in bed but I've been too exhausted.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 6w PP; still have 10 to go (lost 30), no stretch marks to begin with and dont yet fit into pre-PG jeans. Hopefully soon! Oh, I haven't done a stitch of exercising, but I'm BFing...
  • I'm 3 wks pp - gained total of 29 lbs and have lost 22 so far. BFing and back in regular clothes. Didnt get any stretch marks. Started working out again at 12 days pp w/ my dr's approval. Easing back into it and trying to eat healthy. 
  • 2.5w pp.   25 pounds to go...not in my pre pregnancy clothes yet...hoping by Christmas.   I'm going to start 30 day shred this week.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a little under my PP weight but I only gained 14 pounds, so between the birth and passing excess fluid and my blood volume returning to normal, I feel like that wasn't much of an accomplishment on my part.  I do fit into my pre-pg clothes, though my pants are still a little snug because of the flab that still needs to retract. 

Between the flab and the stretch marks, I will need a mommy makeover one day, but I knew that after DD.  I'm saving it for when we're done having kids and I'm out of school. 

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
  • Ive lost 34lbs so far, I still have 8 lbs to lose to get to pp weight but a total of 15lbs to lose to fit into the majority of my jeans. As of now I still can't fit into any of my jeans which sucks. I can wear about half of my shorts since my boobs are 2 sizes bigger then before. I did get stretch marks. Some red scratch like ones on my sides and the indention ones on a little bit of my stomach.
  • 4 weeks PP, and I am about 10 lbs below my pre pregnancy weight from my first pregnancy. Due to GD, I lost about 12 lbs while pregnant, then another 14-15 at delivery, and another 3 or 4 in the last few weeks. Clothes from in between my pregnancies are too big, but clothes from before I had DD1 don't fit either, because the shape of my body has changed :( Hopefully if I lose another 20 lbs or so I can get back in them. Haven't gotten cleared for exercise yet, so for now I'm just trying to watch what I eat and walk with the girls when I can. Stretch marks from puberty and my first pregnancy, nothing new from this one.
    Mama to two sweet girls
    DD1 Feb 2010
    DD2 Sept 2011

Pregnancy Ticker
  • 5weeks pp

most clothes fit, im still fighting with my skinny jeans tho

some of my shirts are too tight and uncomfortable thanks to these boob balloons!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 4 weeks PP and never was in maternity clothing. Lost 28lbs while pregnant. Doctor said due to PCOS, and being pregnant my hormones leveled out and I was able to shed some weight.

Right now I am 35lbs less than when I started in December.

• 6 weeks pp, and I've lost a total of 33 pounds. I only gained 25 during the pregnancy, so I'm happy about that. I lost all my pregnancy weight by 6 days pp. I've been in solely pre-pregnancy clothes since 4 weeks pp - I was shocked my favorite Gap jeans fit AND I was able to button them. But I do still have a little bit of a squishy foopa low on my belly. As far as stretch marks, I only got them on my hips. They're still a little red, but I'm not doing anything for them as far as trying to fade them. My shirts all still fit, but I've been having a horrible time finding wire-free nursing bras that fit me properly. I recently bought a 38E (was a 34D/34DD pre-pregnancy), which fits ok I guess, but anytime I bend over or twist, my nipples find their way out of the bra. They are Motherhood bras, and I find that they aren't full coverage, which is why this happens. Overall, I'm extremely happy with my pp body.
  • I'm back in all my clothes. I lost all my weight, too. I'm 9 weeks PP but was back to normal in about 3 weeks. I didn't get any stretch marks but I have a scar from the C-section. :( I am EBF and my boobs are a bit bigger but still small. I haven't done any exercise other than short walks. 
  • I am 4.5 weeks pp.

I gained 30 lbs in pg.  By 3 wks pp, I had lost 32 lbs.  I've been stuck there for almost two weeks now. Out of maternity, back into my old clothes.

No stretchmarks.

Considering how hellish my pg was, I am glad to be thrown a bone on the other side of it.

• 7weeks pp

I'm BFing so nothing fitted fits up top but I'm wearing the rest of my pre-preg clothes. 

I didn't get stretchmarks, I guess there was some good to being a fatty in highschool and dropping the weight(extra skin)

I've still got 10lbs to loose, I'm working out a bit because we have BIL's wedding in a week and I don't want those pics to be horrid.  I don't think those pounds are going anywhere until I wean so I'll try to be happy where I'm at.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm at 5 weeks out. I lost 18 of my 33 lbs in the first 10 days, and have lost maybe a pound since. Total weight loss stall. So frustrating. No exercise yet other than walks, but I hope to start doing some workouts in the next week or so.

Definitely NOT in pre-pg clothes. Not even close. Still wearing maternity jeans with loose tops. I did buy a new pair of jeans in a size up, but I can't bear the horrible muffin top/under pooch.

I have a handful of stretch marks on my belly, but I'm not doing anything to help them fade. I haven't worn a bikini since college, anyway.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm 2 weeks pp and not back in any of my normal pants.  I went out yesterday and bought jeans a size up since I was sick of wearing maternity jeans.  About half of my shirts fit, but are a little snug on my belly still.  Hopefully I'll be able to start going for short walks soon (once the weather cooperates).

I have one stretch mark above my belly button that I am using bio-oil on.  I haven't noticed a difference yet, but I've only been using it for a week or so.

• At 6 weeks postpartum, I'm back to pre pregnancy weight, even a few pounds less than when I got married last October. I definitely credit it to breastfeeding on demand, because I've done hardly any exercise, and am still eating like a horse. Gained 25 pounds, no stretch marks, except these darkish lines on ye olde boobies. I've been wearing all my old clothes for a couple weeks now. I am happy with the post-baby bod, (to say nothing of DH) but still need to tone up a bit. And there's no way I'll wearing a bikini- not because of flab, but (TMI) because of an unholy amount of belly & thigh fur.
  • I am 5.5 weeks post partem and I sill have about 10 pounds to lose to get to my pre pregnancy weight. ( I gained about 40 or so lbs) I hope to lose the 30 I was trying to lose last January before I found out I was knocked up to get back to the weight I was when I got married.

I can fit into my "fat jeans" which are a size up from my regular favorite jeans. My fave jeans fit, but are a little tight around the waist and look terrible if I wear a fitted shirt due to this extra skin that hasn't snapped back into place- sorta like a muffin top, but only around my belly button - my hips and waist line on the sides look great- I'd say even better than they did before I got pregnant. All of my shirts fit -but I just look busty- I won't be wearing many of them until I can buy some spanks or something for that floppy skin/muffin bulge thing.

The stretch marks are there and still pretty red. I use cocoa butter, but- I imagine they will just need time to fade on their own. I might buy some of that mederma stuff when I go back to work and the finances aren't so tight. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
  • I am 4 weeks and 1 day PP!

I've always had a little body. My beginning pregnancy weight was 102 pounds.  My ending weight was 131 pounds. I had my son on a Tuesday, and on that following Saturday I was 116 pounds.  I was ALL baby and belly throughout pregnancy.  I think I'm around 110 pounds now.  Although my weight drop sounds awesome, I can't say the same for my body.  I got stretch marks at the very end, none really on my sides, but right in the middle of my stomach.  Which is still a flabby, and some of the stretch marks actually hurt like bruises.  I used to have my bellybutton pierced, so where the scars were from the holes, they turned a very dark brown. Some of the stretch marks are fading, but I know those will never go away.  Its also making my bellybutton sink into the flab really weird.  I also got stretch marks that I didn't know I had because I couldn't see, on my inner thighs and also my lower butt. I feel like I look pretty digusting, and my boyfriend will argue with me everytime that I say something about it. I will also never be seen in a bikini again.  Which is okay.  I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes, but I feel like they look awkward.  I feel like my shirts are shorter (non-breastfeeding boobs btw) and my hips have gotten wider, so they are a little snug in the jeans, causing a lot of butt crack shows! LOL! I've gotten no motivation to work out yet, and I realllllly wish I would!

• I gained 35-40 lbs. I lost track. I lost all but 12 lbs really quickly. I was down to 10lbs over today.

I have been walking a few times a week since one week. I ran a four 1/4 mile segments on Monday. 

Two of my looser pp jeans fit. I can also fit into some dresses. I was a 00P to start.

I have stretch marks on my ass and boobs. I guess the good thing is they are covered by a bikini.

Running helps me feel better about myself.

DS 7/6/09
    DD 9/4/11
    EDD 9/1/15
  • I was down to my pre-preg weight about a week after delivery..at this point I have lost another 6lbs :-) Some of my pants fit, some don't - same with the shirts. My jeans were getting snug pre-preg anyways, so I do need to lose some more weight to get them to fit again.

Stretch marks all over my belly, but I haven't worn a bikini since I was like 5, so I'm not worried about getting rid of them.

• I was back to prepreg weight before I left the hospital.  I'm now 5-10 under depending on water retention.  I can wear my pre preg cloths and now need a belt but I didn't have wide hips and still don't.  I always had uber big tas so shirts fit the same.  I try and walk when its nice but the days are getting fewer.  Stretch marks are gross around my belly button and itchy as all get out.  I never had a bikini body so dont plan on getting one.  
    image, image
    My little gummy bear
    10/09-started our journey 3/14/10- Dx anovulatory 12/29 IUI #3 BFP beta 1-25, 2-60, 3-2064. u/s 1 beautiful baby :) 9/22 Baby girl born 6 lb 14 oz perfect !!!!
  • I only gained about 25 lbs. during pregnancy, and I had lost 20 when I weighed myself 2 days after DS was born. I was a few lbs below my pre-preg weight at my 2 week checkup. I've been in my normal clothes since a few days after he was born.

Even though my weight loss has been easy, I don't really have my body back to normal. My stomach is still a bit more jiggly than I'd like, and the boobs have a mind of their own since I'm BFing.

I didn't get any stretchmarks during pregnancy, but had a few crop up last week (4 weeks pp). Wtf?

• I must be the only one that hasn't looked at the scale, even at my check up. I can wear my pp jeans, I hadnt tried them until 2 weeks ago when we did our one month pics. I was able to wear my pp tops the very next day, I've always had big boobs so theystill fit my even bigger boobs lol.
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • 6 wks pp tomorrow I've lost all the weight I gained 18lbs total. I've been wearing pp clothes too. I was cleared yesterday to start working out. So I will be starting next wk.
  • I am 4 weeks PP tomorrow.  I gained a whopping 55 lbs and lost 35 of it within 2 weeks of delivery... I haven't weighed myself lately but I think I've probably lost another 5.  I can wear some of my pre preg clothes... the jeans are tight but I can wear most of them, and shirts are mostly fine although I prefer the ones that are a little longer as I'm still a bit self concious of the tummy. 

Not doing anything to lose the weight yet... just trying to walk daily.  I will probably start Weight Watchers and more serious exercising after 6-8 weeks. 

Stretch marks... I didn't have many until the DAY I delivered... the newer ones are still pretty red and ugly, I may try some mederma on them but I haven't done anything yet.

TTC #1 for 4 years with every trick in the book. IVF in October 2010= BFN
    Elliott Michael born 9/22/11
    Audrey Pauline 9/13/15
  • 3 weeks pp.. back to prepg weight, but still would like to lose some. Don't think that should be a problem once I am oked for exercise. Not happy with the stretchmarks on my thighs/bum- still just use stretch mark lotion, not sure if its actually doing anything. Still have a deflated tire on my tummy that I hope to tighten up. and shirts all fit like before- I have gotten bigger boobs due to BFing but not too big for my shirts. jeans fit but uncomfortably.
    photo 22e3a93e-8933-4ed0-acf4-72665341621b_zpsd73ca8f6.jpgp>

"What did my fingers do before they held you? What did my heart do with it's love?"

CafeMom Tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest

• This thread is depressing me.  I gained around 45 lbs and still need to lose 22 more to be at pre-preg weight.  I'm 4 Weeks and 1 day pp.  I haven't gotten the ok to exercise yet.  But I'm guessing I will at my 6 week appt. 

I'm still wearing maternity jeans.  I have a pair that I wore at 4 weeks pp last time that are still too small.  They're two sizes bigger than my normal jeans.  But I won't buy another pair of bigger jeans.  I know I fit into my dress pants around 12 weeks pp last time and my normal jeans at 16 weeks pp.  So I think it might take me some time. 

I'm mostly wearing nursing tanks and tops.  So I don't know if my normal tops will fit, but I doubt it since my boobs are much bigger of course. 

I didn't get stretch marks this time or last time.  So I havae that going for me.  I do have a linea negra though that will take some time to fade.  I hope to be in a bikini again this summer. 

• Anyone back in their pre pregnancy clothes?  I'm back in my regular clothes as of this week.

If so how many weeks pp are you? I'm 2.5 weeks PP

Anyone doing anything to try to lose the weight yet?  Lots of walking and chasing DD #1 - Waiting to get cleared to start working out again.

If you got stretch marks how are they looking now and what are you doing in an attempt to fade them?  I have them from both pregnancies and haven't done anything to try to fade them.

• 6 weeks PP - I've lost 32 of 35lbs gained.  My tops and dresses all fit, but my jeans absolutely do not, which is irritating since I've lost almost all of the weight...

I started biking again this week and will begin toning next week.  I like working out and did my whole pregnancy, so it's frustrating to be out of shape after not working out for 8 weeks! 

• I'm 6w 3d's pp.  I am back in most of my prepregnancy clothes.  I am currently 6lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant.  I have done nothing to try to lose my pregnancy weight.  I will admit that I have been horrible about eating and don't eat much during the day because I'm either too busy or too tired.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Mereou21, you sound a lot like me...and make me feel better about myself after reading that all of these other ladies are already in their old clothes!

I'm also 5 weeks out. I gained 42 pounds during pregnancy...lost 20 within the first few days and haven't lost any since. I think I actually gained 2 pounds back! Not that I've done a whole lot to try and lose the weight, but it's still frustrating.

I can wear all of my pre-pregnancy shirts, but some of them don't look very nice on me anymore. I can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy pants. I go back to work in less than 2 weeks, so I also went and bought a pair of new jeans yesterday, but had to get a size 14...I used to wear an 8 or a 10.

I have a few stretch marks on my lower belly, and maybe ten tiny little dot stretch marks on my right side. I've always had stretch marks all over my body from puberty, so these new ones don't really bother me...I'll be okay with them once they fade like my old ones. I've never worn a bikini, so DH is the only one to see my stomach.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"