3rd Trimester

the name Ava.

I love it, my husband despises it... We have picked out our little girls name already, it is unconditional and unchanging (Anna Madeline) but I am just bored and wanting some reassurance that my husband is a meanie for not liking everything I do! lol it has been months since the Ava/Anna conversation, but my train of thought just brought me back to it. lol thanks for reading!

Re: the name Ava.

• Love it. It's very popular, though. I know at least 5 Ava's in our neighborhood alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It is a beautiful name and one I loved for years, but I now know 6 little girls with that name and 3 yappy dogs. Once it's crossed over to frou frou dog territory, it's officially too popular! ;)

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • It is very pretty. Ive had three of my friends name their daughter's Ava in the last four years or so. It's getting to be very popular.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageagreg521:
    I love it, my husband despises it... We have picked out our little girls name already, it is unconditional and unchanging (Anna Madeline) but I am just bored and wanting some reassurance that my husband is a meanie for not liking everything I do! lol it has been months since the Ava/Anna conversation, but my train of thought just brought me back to it. lol thanks for reading!

I love Ava, but yeah, its SO popular right now.  I also love Anna though!  I think you and your DH made a great choice.  But he is a big meaniehead!  Wink

• I like Ava, I think it's a beautiful name but honestly, I like Anna better.
  • You sound like us!  I have always LOVED the name Ava.  My husband can't stand it.  But around here I only know 1 Ava.  But  your right, I'm gonna say both of our husband's are meanie heads!!   At least I've really never had to worry about it because I just keep having boys.  This will be my 3rd Big Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I also prefer Anna.. but then again, I have a Hannah and they are very similar!  There are about 5 or 6 Ava's at my daughters school so if you are looking for something a little less popular I would recommend Anna!  I am an Amy and I grew up with 8 other Amy's in my grade alone... it got very confusing at times :)
  • I love the name Ava. When I was teaching I only had one "Ava" ever but they spelled hers "Eva". The name Anna is pretty, but that's my MIL's name so I go directly to her whenever I see it.
  • imageMrsNash37212:
    It is a beautiful name and one I loved for years, but I now know 6 little girls with that name and 3 yappy dogs. Once it's crossed over to frou frou dog territory, it's officially too popular! ;)

So true!  I noticed that with Isabella (Bella).  Everyone with a cutesy little dog is naming them Bella now!

• imageMadringal:

imageMrsNash37212:
    It is a beautiful name and one I loved for years, but I now know 6 little girls with that name and 3 yappy dogs. Once it's crossed over to frou frou dog territory, it's officially too popular! ;)

So true!  I noticed that with Isabella (Bella).  Everyone with a cutesy little dog is naming them Bella now!

I used to work in an animal hospital and practically every other female dog was named Bella!

• This makes me laugh!  You should take my DH...he is the one still fighting for the name Ava.  I like it but it's already in my family so it's a no go for me. 

Also, I have a cutesy little dog named Bella! 

• I love it. I also like Eva or Evie. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"