1st Trimester

Spray tans, safe or not?

Probably a silly question but this is my first pregnancy and I keep geting surprised by finding out new things that are not safe right now. 

Are spray tans safe in the first tri?  I am getting married in a week and a half and my current skin tone looks awful with the color of my dress.  I planned on using a tanning bed  few times/week leading up to the wedding, but that is completely out of the question now. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
1/12/13 DD was born
4/9/16 DS was born 
9/17 CP 
6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

Re: Spray tans, safe or not?

• Spray Tan on your skin = Safe

Breathing in the spray stuff = Not so Safe

It is okay to get spray tans though. Just try not to breath that stuff in. It has icky chemicals. Probably won't harm your baby but it's a good idea not to have it in your lungs anyways.

• I heard they were safe but that your skin may react differently than if you had a spray tan before you were pregnant.  I am planning on getting one before my sister's Wedding in March but I will try it out before hand to make sure I don't come out orange! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the input.  I will definitely be careful not to breathe anything in.  I should try to see if they can get me in tonight or tomorrow for a trial, just to be sure. Spray tans scare me, I am so worried about turning orange, but I am way to pale to rock an ivory dress right now.
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Lurking - I got preg 2 months before my wedding and went to do a spray tan.  It was the first time I did it and the room was super small and I ended up passing out.  They had a fan but it just wasn't enough.  It was horribly embarrassing because I had to walk across the store to another room to get more air in just my undies lol Everything turned out fine, they just finished the spray tan with the door open and I was good to go.  I guess it didn't help that I was hungry as well.  I was 12 weeks preg at the time.  GL and I hope your experience is better than mine was!
    Husband and Wife 2010
    DD 12.2010
    TTC #2 Since Aug 2012
    DX PCOS 7.25.13
    Started Metformin 7.2013
    DH SA results 6.19.14 - Too few normal sperm
    8.13.14 - SURPRISE BFP - EDD 3/30/14 Based on LMP
    MMC 9/24/14, D&C 9/25/14 13w3d, Measured at 7w4d

3.14.15 BFP #3 - EDD 11/11/15 based on LMP
  • omg - I'm so happy to see this post! I just found out i was pregnant (my 1st) 2 weeks ago,and i'm actually getting married on Saturday! I guess it's just good to know someone else is in my boat.

I had the same plan as you regarding the tanning beds, but obviously I am gettting the spray tan tomorrow. I heard it was okay...

Good Luck!

• I'm glad you post this because I was thinking the same thing yesterday lol. I will be due in June and I am already ghost white and would think it was a good solution than getting actual UV rays that really isn't good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I didn't think much of it and went when I was about 5 weeks pregnant and then had my first ob appointment at 7 weeks and one of medical history questions was if I go spray tanning, oops!  I was told not to go.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • There are a lot of chemicals in spray tan.  I'm trying to avoid as many chemicals as possible.  If it were me, I would just try to get a little bit of real sun before the big day.  Be careful not to burn though!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"