Toddlers: 24 Months+

Opinion question?

Do you (or your SO) shower or bathe with your toddler? Just curious as to what others opinions may be on this.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Opinion question?

• I don't but only because I am a shower person and DS is terrified of the shower.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I used to, but am 9 months pregnant, so there's no way it works anymore:)

DH will get in with DD about every 1 in 10 baths, but he puts swim trunks on. She's almost three and he just feels more comfortable "covered up" :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've stopped bathing with her, but still shower.  I don't mind, since we're both girls and there's no strange parts to explain.

DH said he would do so with our boys should we have any, but not the girls.  I don't think I would shower/bathe with my boys either - at least not past a certain age.

• No, never.  Its seems very odd to me.  Not wrong or flameworthy, just odd.  I can't think of a reason why I'd want to get in the bathtub.  Then we're both slippery and wet.
  • If DH is giving bathtime and DS asks him to, he will join for the bath (DH did once and so from then on DS asked).  I don't because I'm not a bath person, so I never have gotten in the tub with him and so DS doesn't ask me, and DS is deathly afraid of showers for some odd reason so that's a no-go.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I showered with DS last week he was being difficult - before that it was a couple months.  DH showers with him every 2 or 3 nights.  Niether DH or I are much for bathing - I bathed with him a couple times when he was really little.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Heck yeah- DH travels.  A Lot.  So I am on my own and to keep them from getting bored of me (lol!) gotta switch things up!  Recently filled the tub with more bubbles than water and we had a good ole party of 4 in there.  DD#1 is almost 4, twins are 2yrs3mos.
  • We never have because DS freaked.. We just went on a trip and I asked DS if he wanted to shower with me and he said yes.. He loved it and will shower with one of us one to two times a week now.

I dont like to do it every night because I love taking a shower and thats kind of "me time", DH doesnt like showers and wants to get in and out a fast as he can..

• DD showers with me often. We've never taken a bath together though, and I really wouldn't want to- I don't like baths because I get too cold.
    S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Nope, we don't shower or bathe with my SO's toddler.  We both shower in the mornings and SO's son gets bathed in the evenings.  It's not a modesty thing on my part, tho. In the mornings SO brings his son into the bed after I get up, so that they have snuggles and can slowly wake up together. After I'm done showering I come back into the bedroom naked to get dressed. I don't really mind, I figure a naked body is a naked body... altho this naked preggo body isn't as eye-pleasing as it used to be, lol.  I'm sure as he gets older tho, I'll feel like I should cover up.

I have memories of my mom walking down the hallway butt-naked after showers when I was a kid, but I think it's different when it's mom-daughter.  I came out of that body, I have the same parts.. who cares :)  If/when I have a daughter, I hope that she will know more about periods, boobs, and vaginas than she really wants to, lol.

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• I haven't tried it.  I wouldn't mind doing it, except for 4 reasons: 1. I think he would scream his head off if water were landing on him, 2. I'm afraid he would slip and fall, 3. I like my showers really hot and 4.  He's 2 already and by the time all those other things aren't issues anymore, it would be really weird.  But maybe he'll shower with Daddy.  Actually, it works out nicely for me because we have only boys.  someday they can shower with Daddy and then I can get the shower to myself.

• I haven't tried it.  I wouldn't mind doing it, except for 4 reasons: 1. I think he would scream his head off if water were landing on him, 2. I'm afraid he would slip and fall, 3. I like my showers really hot and 4.  He's 2 already and by the time all those other things aren't issues anymore, it would be really weird.  But maybe he'll shower with Daddy.  Actually, it works out nicely for me because we have only boys.  someday they can shower with Daddy and then I can get the shower to myself.

Also, I did bathe with DS a few times, last fall because I was pregnant with DS2 and couldn't bend over the tub comfortably, so I put on a swimsuit and joined him.

• We showered with DS a lot when he was little (6-12 mos) because it was a quick way to bathe him without dragging out the baby tub or filling up the sink. It was a weekend thing when one of us would take him in the shower, clean him, and then hand him off to the other. We did it some workday mornings if he needed bathed and we didn't have time the night before for whatever reason. He showers with us on occasion now too. Again, it is usually on a weekend when he needs bathed in the morning and we don't have time to give him a bath of his own. This past weekend, DH was gone and I needed to shower but didn't want to leave DS alone with DD awake so I left her playing in her activity center and took him in the shower with me. Another year or so I probably won't anymore and I know DH won't want to shower with DD past an even younger age. We have never taken a bath with them though. I don't like baths.

• We both do, each morning. Sometimes her and I, sometimes husband and I. She could care less about his body parts, so we don't stress about it.
  • DD and DS will take a bath together  (Not with me or DH in the tub)
    we both will take showers with one or both kids though. The kids enjoy the showers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"