Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

My Angel Is In Heaven Now :(

Today is a very difficult day for me. It has been one week today that I found out my Angel had lost her heartbeat. I do not know how to cope with this loss at this point. I had to have a D&C Thursday because my body had not passed any tissue and my Doctor didnt think I would. I cannot find any support groups in my area and just wanna know how others have coped with this loss?

Thanks so much

Corrina

Re: My Angel Is In Heaven Now :(

• So sorry for your loss. I have been unable to find support groups in my area either. My family and friends have been a great source of strength for me. You will have your good days and bad. It has been about 3 mos since my D&C. Just take it day by day. (T&P's)
    TTC since 2007. Removal of left ovary due to a cyst 9/2007. Currently seeing a new RE for septate uterus diagnosis and removal. BFP #1 7/01/11 EDD 2/28/12 M/C 07/19/2011 @ 8 wks. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • I'm so sorry for your loss and that you're having to join us here. I found out last Tuesday that our LO didn't have a HB and am still waiting to miscarry naturally. The entire situation is a nightmare. I'm new to the town where we live, so DH and I have just been clinging to each other this week. I do have quite a few friends who have also experienced loss and I've reached out to several of them. It's been very helpful to have these friends understand where I'm at, but also be a few years down the line to give me healthy perspective. It also helps that all of them now have beautiful, healthy children now. I know that I'm not guaranteed to have the same outcome, but it sure gives me hope.

T&P for your and your family as you endure this. I hope that you find a support group or friends who can help you process your loss. :( 

photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Corrina, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been going through.  I lost my mom to cancer about 2 years ago, and had a m/c earlier this month.  I've had about all I can take of loss.  One thing that is really getting me through is seeing a good counselor.  I started after my mom passed, and I've seen her ever since.  Now we talk abou tmy m/c.  If you can afford it, I highly recommend seeing someone.  Good luck to you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Once touched by pain, you're not the same But time can heal your heart again So let the clouds that bring you down Just fade away...
  • I am so sorry for your loss.  I could not find any support groups here and do not yet have a therapist (though I have an appt in a couple of weeks), so I started attending a Bible study to meet some people and make some friends (we are new in our town).  It has really helped.  I know Bible studies aren't for everyone, but any women-centered group that you are interested in is good.  I have also done well because most of the women in my study are in their 50s and older (so very few pregnant women or women with small children).  So many of them have shared stories of their losses with me as well.  Plus, the companionship is just nice.  If there is a craft or something you are interested in, maybe see if there is a group in your area?

• Thank you everyone very much. It has been especially difficult because I feel I do not have anyone to talk to about this. I have pondered the idea of a counselor and plan to call a few tomorrow. I did find a support group about an hour away that meets once a month. I do plan on attending that as well to see how it can help. Again, I do appreciate everyone's replies. I wish everyone the best of luck as well. Its an awful situation for any of us to be in but I feel together, we can all make it.
  • I am very sorry for your loss, i am going thru the same thing, just about week ago today me and my husband were excited to go to our ultrasound and found out there was no heartbeat, I was 12weeks, its been so hard...you are not alone and all my blessings go to you and your family. :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"