Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Mixing powdered formula

No flaming... I am making the switch to formula. I have about 2 months of frozen BM, so, in the end my LO will be getting BM for awhile longer. I am going to do a 50/50 mix.

Is it recommended to use the floridated 'nursery' water or plain distiled?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mixing powdered formula

• I've been using purified water (from the baby aisle).  Nobody I know seemed to be able to answer that question for me.  Sorry I couldn't really help.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • First few weeks we dud the gerber water but now on Brita water since our tap water does not taste good
  • Loading the player...
  • I used both whatever is on sale...

Mom of a wonderful 12 yr old boy and a beautiful 1mos old girl...
  • We use regular drinking water or distilled. They seem to be doing just fine. Why pay a dollar extra for "baby" water, it's seriously just a label to make us spend more.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When we use formula, we use tap water. Our tap water is very clean and contains floride. Our pedi told us not to waste our money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I've always used plain old tap water. I wouldn't waste money on nursery water.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Our pediatrician told us as long as we're using "city water" that contains fluoride (vs well water that wouldn't) not to bother with special water. We fill the bottles straight from the tap! Save your $$ :)
  • I'm so sorry, Kat. :( I know how hard you tried to make it work with your LO. I hope it gets better for you both. We use tap water.
  • We just use tap water. 

• I've always used sink water. I drink it too so it doesn't bother me.
  • Good to know... I don't think tap water is dirty, I just assumed it needed to be mixed with bottled water. Not sure why....

• At home I use tap water out of a Brita pitcher I leave on my counter.  However, when I'm out and about I have no qualms about using tap water directly out of the faucet. 
  • imageLadyVi33:
    Our pediatrician told us as long as we're using "city water" that contains fluoride (vs well water that wouldn't) not to bother with special water. We fill the bottles straight from the tap! Save your $$ :)

This is what we do as well. 

TTCAL Siggy Challenge: "He's my favorite.  His birthday is the same as mine almost"

image image

Missing my little one lost at 9 weeks on 2.24.13. brokenhearted but not broken... 

d&c 5/21/13... Still Healing, Still Standing... 

MMC discovered 10/2/2013, TWINS... d&c 10/7/2013.  I still miss you, little ones. 

Surgery December 2013 to remove a 10+cm fibroid... Open myomectomy. Benched for 3-9 months... 
    Will TTC summer Summer 2014 we hope!

Dear God, Since I couldn't hold my little one in my lap and tell him about you, could you hold him in your lap and tell him about me? 

PgAL and PAL always welcome...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"